Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

night color changing

Hello folks,

the program that change the night cockpit color seems to be gone, does anybody know where i can find it?

i think it's called airdaily or something, where can i find it?

thanks, cheerio.

Do you mean in the pmdg 737 or a standard plane?

In standard plane you can change light by clicking on L button.

In pmdg look on upperpanel somewhere in the middle you can turn a knob.

Hey,

you completely misunderstood what i was trying to say.

i think i wasn't clear enough, there's a software that can help the night lights on the cockpit look more orange, the night lights on the ngx currently look to me a bit too white, i have actually been in a night 737, the color is a bit more orange, so i was trying to ask the link for that program cause it seems gone. thanks!

I wonder if some airlines have different color lighting.  I got a real nice look at a few 737ng cockpits  all from WN and the lighting was white..   

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I got a real nice look at a few 737ng cockpits  all from WN and the lighting was white..  

No.  It's all standard.

What people are doing is looking at pictures where the photographer didn't set the white balance properly and assuming that's what it's supposed to look like.  To those who have "been up front" claiming it's more orange, they've probably been up there, taken a picture, and that picture is off.  That or, they've been up there, and are looking at pictures online with the orange look to reminisce, and it's overwriting their actual experience.

Kyle Rodgers

What is it now...is it white or orange lightning? Orange seems great!

What is it now...is it white or orange lightning? Orange seems great!

It's white.  The orange-ish lighting is not correct.

Kyle Rodgers

I had the good fortune to sit in the captains seat this past weekend for 20 mins at night in a Southwest 737NG flight deck and talk to the FO. The back lighting is white and is spot on in the NGX.

I had the good fortune to sit in the captains seat this past weekend for 20 mins at night in a Southwest 737NG flight deck and talk to the FO. The back lighting is white and is spot on in the NGX.

I agree. I managed to visit the cockpit (on the ground after last flight in at YSSY.. IRS had already gone off) recently - about 10:30pm local time and the cockpit back lighting is certainly white and NGX replicates it very well indeed.

Never did understand why the 737's flight deck comes up as an orangey colour in photos/videos when it's actually white.. I've never been in an NG's flight deck either, so initially I thought PMDG got it wrong!