Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400

Hi developers,

I am currently working on a profile for the Dash. If someone would like to help me, we could define sections for each to create a complete one.

...just t avoid to work in parallel

Happy landings,

pero

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi,

just a brief update:

Most of functions are working with LUA, some needs macros. I will upload my first version tomorrow, maybe someone can review it then.

Regards,

Peter

Yes macros are necessary in this plane, but for some of buttons you can make macros but the macros do not work in VRINSIGHT or other HARDWARE. Some are really strange like ALT_SELECT - here you can make a macro but the selection does not stay on he PFD like it does with a real mouse click. 

There are a lot of buttons where you have to kind of presses a short and a long button press - I do not know why majestic does not made it with left and right click - this short and long time presses are causing real problems with hardware and touch screens, so I do not know if we are able to forget the using of the mouse completely.

Is it possible to use the LUA scripted switches like APPR LiGHT / FLARE etc with Button/Switches in FSUIPC?

Kind Regards Tom

The lights are simple I'm sure Peter has them covered already. I've been trying to fudge the ALT SEL button in FSUIPC mouse macros for the last hour or 2 and I had no luck, it isn't tied to any L:Vars either as far as I can see, so I'm stumped.

Cheers, Andy.

What I like to know is if it is possible to use the commands which are LUA scripted in LINDA can be used in FSUIPC for switching through keystroke or other hardware which is not listed in LINDA?

Cheers Tom

Please find my Version 0.1 which is work in progress. Maybe someone of you can add some functions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a74medawkb2rhfz/MJC8Q400_v0_1.zip

Feel free to write some feedback. Hope that I can add the missing actions within the next days.

Greetings,

peter

Thnx for your work,

did you tested your script? I just did a quick look and found that all EXT Light toggle are not working.

Cheers Tom

I will test them again. I use on and off but will check toggle...

I will test them again. I use on and off but will check toggle...

Thnx Capt.,

do you know how to root - for example Approach Light on / off - to FSUIPC so that I can use this with GOFLIGHT switches?

Kind Regards Tom

A tiny update from my side, with the help of FSUIPC Pete Dowson I managed to send such commands via FSUIPC to Goflight, so that I can use the Goflight Switch panel for Lights / Electric etc.

Very cool and thnx for the list CPT.Pero

Kind Regards TOM

A tiny update from my side, with the help of FSUIPC Pete Dowson I managed to send such commands via FSUIPC to Goflight, so that I can use the Goflight Switch panel for Lights / Electric etc.

Very cool and thnx for the list CPT.Pero

Kind Regards TOM

Hi Tom, this is EXACTLY what I need to achieve. I have a Goflight T8 panel that I have mapped for the NGX for all the lights and would like to do the same for the Q400. Could you possibly reply with some further information regarding this, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Also very interested in this thread for use with my GoFlight modules, especially the MCP.

Ok,

you have to do some easy editing - it is just copy paste. Use Notepad++ or a similar program for edting the lua script.

You need the actions.lua script which was provided here. Modules/Linda/Aircrafts/majestic...

Copy it somewhere and make an new empty script with the name of the action you want to do here: switching DC Generator 1 on and off - so name it: DashDcGen1.lua. Got to the action.lua file and serach for Generator Dc or something - you will find:

function DC_Gen1_On ()
    Lvar = "L:OHD_DC_CNTRL_PNL_GEN1_SW"
    ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 1)
end

function DC_Gen1_Off ()
    ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 0)

- the line "L:OHD_DC_CNTRL_PNL_GEN1_SW" and the parameter 1 or 0 in this case is what it is all about. Go to your script and insert completely the following line not more not less:

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_DC_CNTRL_PNL_GEN1_SW", ipcPARAM)

You see here in blue the lines which you found in the actions.lua. Now save your new lua file DashDcGen1.lua and put it into the modules folder just there where you find FSUIPC and macros etc. Start FSX got to FSUIPC choose a switch as usual and under FSX commands you will find DashDcGen1.lua (there are other DashDcGen1xxxx.lua in that list but you choose only DashDcGen1.lua) then give it for on the parameter 1 and for off the parameter 0 - save it - done. Now you can use that switch for switching the DCGENerator1 on and off.

For the next action make a new file insert the new lines as above and so on. You will have for each action one file - this is ok, Pete said it is better then having a long script with  "and - or - else etc. etc."

There is one interesting thing with this approach - if you do not have enough switches you can make groups. Just insert more actions which you want to apply with one switch - like both DC and both AC Generators on and off:

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_DC_CNTRL_PNL_GEN2_SW", ipcPARAM)

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_AC_CTRL_GEN1_SW", ipcPARAM)

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_AC_CTRL_GEN2_SW", ipcPARAM)

save it give it a name let us say  DASHGenALL.lua , do everything as above - now you can choose a switch for that script and you can switch all four Generator switches with one hardware switch.

I didn´t try it with rotaries yet but it should work as well if FSUIPC sees the rotary switches.

But i have to mention that some actions in the script does not work you have to test it - this is a problem with the DASH - example the ALT_SELECT button will not work like it should. I do not get this to work with hardware. If you do please tell me how (ALT SEL must stay in the PFD). There are other buttons which will not work with hardware. You have to use the mouse - what a pitty.

And do not forget to make macros for actions which you do not find in the actions.lua. I did a lot of macros - I made the lua scripts only for actions for which I could not make a FSUIPC macro. Like the Electric Panel / Light Panel.

I hope my english was not to bad. I tried my best

Cheers Tom

Ps I just saw Capt.Pero did send an updated script - of course you use tis one!

Ok,

you have to do some easy editing - it is just copy paste. Use Notepad++ or a similar program for edting the lua script.

You need the actions.lua script which was provided here. Modules/Linda/Aircrafts/majestic...

Copy it somewhere and make an new empty script with the name of the action you want to do here: switching DC Generator 1 on and off - so name it: DashDcGen1.lua. Got to the action.lua file and serach for Generator Dc or something - you will find:

function DC_Gen1_On ()

ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 1)

end

function DC_Gen1_Off ()

ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 0)

- the line "L:OHD_DC_CNTRL_PNL_GEN1_SW" and the parameter 1 or 0 in this case is what it is all about. Go to your script and insert completely the following line not more not less:

You see here in blue the lines which you found in the actions.lua. Now save your new lua file DashDcGen1.lua and put it into the modules folder just there where you find FSUIPC and macros etc. Start FSX got to FSUIPC choose a switch as usual and under FSX commands you will find DashDcGen1.lua (there are other DashDcGen1xxxx.lua in that list but you choose only DashDcGen1.lua) then give it for on the parameter 1 and for off the parameter 0 - save it - done. Now you can use that switch for switching the DCGENerator1 on and off.

For the next action make a new file insert the new lines as above and so on. You will have for each action one file - this is ok, Pete said it is better then having a long script with  "and - or - else etc. etc."

There is one interesting thing with this approach - if you do not have enough switches you can make groups. Just insert more actions which you want to apply with one switch - like both DC and both AC Generators on and off:

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_DC_CNTRL_PNL_GEN2_SW", ipcPARAM)

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_AC_CTRL_GEN1_SW", ipcPARAM)

ipc.writeLvar("L:OHD_AC_CTRL_GEN2_SW", ipcPARAM)

save it give it a name let us say  DASHGenALL.lua , do everything as above - now you can choose a switch for that script and you can switch all four Generator switches with one hardware switch.

I didn´t try it with rotaries yet but it should work as well if FSUIPC sees the rotary switches.

But i have to mention that some actions in the script does not work you have to test it - this is a problem with the DASH - example the ALT_SELECT button will not work like it should. I do not get this to work with hardware. If you do please tell me how (ALT SEL must stay in the PFD). There are other buttons which will not work with hardware. You have to use the mouse - what a pitty.

And do not forget to make macros for actions which you do not find in the actions.lua. I did a lot of macros - I made the lua scripts only for actions for which I could not make a FSUIPC macro. Like the Electric Panel / Light Panel.

I hope my english was not to bad. I tried my best

Cheers Tom

Ps I just saw Capt.Pero did send an updated script - of course you use tis one!

Brilliant! Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us, very much appreciated, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776