Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400

You can also use LINDA TRACER to find the command for your desired action. you can copy it from the editor. do not forget the "

Tom

OK I've found the command for the ALT SEL button in the MJC Dash8.

For anyone trying to assign "ALT SEL" to their hardware, I've found out that in LINDA it is called "Autopilot PANEL ALT Hold", its in the default FSX area of LINDA. The name in FSUIPC is "Ap Panel Altitude Hold"

Cheers, Andy.

@Capt.Pero and everybody who like to answer....

The lines for the OVHD LEFT INTAKE are:

LUA.0:  [L] LVar: OHD_AICE_DOOR_PUSHBUTTONS = 0
LUA.0:  [L] LVar: OHD_AICE_DOOR_PUSHBUTTONS = 1

with the following script I do not get it to work - what is wrong - I myself do not see an error???

function OVHD_ICE_INTAKE_LEFT_ON ()
    Lvar = "OHD_AICE_DOOR_PUSHBUTTONS"
    ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 1)
end

function OVHD_ICE_INTAKE_LEFT_OFF ()
    ipc.writeLvar(Lvar, 0)
end

function OVHD_ICE_INTAKE_LEFT_Toggle ()
    if readLvar(Lvar) == 1 then
        OVHD_ICE_INTAKE_LEFT_OFF ()
    else
        OVHD_ICE_INTAKE_LEFT_OFF ()
    end

It is strange in the console I see the correct command - but nothing happens - if I click with the mouse I see the same command in the console and the action works.

Who knows more.....?

Kind Regards Tom

ps.

for the toggle I get this messgae:

[E] *** LUA Error: linda/aircrafts/DASH8_Tom/actions.lua:160: attempt to call global 'readLvar' (a nil value)

OK I've found the command for the ALT SEL button in the MJC Dash8.

For anyone trying to assign "ALT SEL" to their hardware, I've found out that in LINDA it is called "Autopilot PANEL ALT Hold", its in the default FSX area of LINDA. The name in FSUIPC is "Ap Panel Altitude Hold"

Great Andy - do you have any idea about the LKS Buttons on the RADIOS or the FREQ toggle button of STBY COM

Cheers Tom

Great Andy - do you have any idea about the LKS Buttons on the RADIOS or the FREQ toggle button of STBY COM

Cheers Tom

No I've not even tried to look at that yet.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for this Peter, but I take it you missed my my posts (#4 & 17) about the ALT SEL function on the Glareshield, it will not work with a mouse macro, it turns itself back off again a second or two after you action it with a macro. Instead you need to assign it to the default MSFS function AP PANEL ALT HOLD or Autopilot PANEL ALT Hold as its called in LINDA.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Peter  thnks for your work, but still things are not working properly. About ALT_SELECT Andy did told us what to do. The RIGHT AUX FUELPUMP Button cannot switched off, the left answers a while after pressing for off,  AUTOFEATHER and APU_BLEED cannot switched off.

Didn`t you found a solution for the two OVHD ICE INTAKE buttons? Did you see my post above concerning the INTAKE buttons? Is there something wrong, what is your opinion?

Kind Regards Tom

I like to combine some actions. I want BLEED 1/2 to work together. BLEED1/2 off, BLEED1/2 auto, BLEED 1/2 man. I guess I have to use if - then - else. But all my tries will not work. Does anybody can show me please an example for such a scipt? Kind Regards Tom