Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Joystick buttons and Q400 light switches - anyone?

I posted the below question in the 'Release Thread' but now think it could use it's own disucssion. 

Short version:  Can anyone map joystick buttons to the various light switches (landing, taxi, strobe, etc)?

------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have Saitek TQ buttons working with the various light switches on this bird (landing, strobe, taxi, etc...)?

I have the FSUIPC axis setup and working for all levers (send to FS as normal axis) and even my LUA Throttle reverser scripts are working.

But, I can't get my normal FSUIPC assigned buttons to work the various lights. A FSUIPC assigned button is working the parking brake, so there are some things the model is recognizing as a standard FS button assignment.

Can someone with a Saitek TQ using standard FS controls (not through FSUIPC) tell me if they can successfuly map a button to any of the lights - landing, taxi, strobe, etc? Anyone else using FSUIPC buttons and toggling the various lights?

Thanks,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Al,

At this time lights are not assignable to buttons, and using FSUIPC for such assignments at this time will prove to be ineffective. 

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks for the timely info Simeon.  Although it's not the best news I was looking for, at least now I know it's not something specific to my setup.

Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Simeon,

is this likely to change in future releases. Love this bird and want to configure home cockpit to suit, but whats the point if we can't map basic switches like lights. Everything else fantastic, great work from team.

Regards

Greg

Hi Simeon,

is this likely to change in future releases. Love this bird and want to configure home cockpit to suit, but whats the point if we can't map basic switches like lights. Everything else fantastic, great work from the team.

Regards

Greg

HI Greg,

With the TRAINING Edition (specifically designed for cockpit builders) this will more than likely be possible via offsets, although not completely finalized, we'll have more information regarding this as the TRAINING Edition nears completion.

Regards

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Hi,

I'm using LINDA to assign various features of the Dash, including ext/int lights to Saitek buttons.

LINDA does it all for me too.With two Throttle quadrants, LINDA provides 36 buttons/switches programmed through it. I go from cold and dark to ready to taxi with only the quadrants. I do  reserve the slider buttons on the two throttles for reverse thrust/ normal thrust.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I tried to map the light knobs on the panel to some dials on the VRInsight Multi-panel and I get runaway light switches. It's very strange, actually.