Sign in to follow this  
Zikous82

AivlaSoft EFB

Good evening,

Does anybody use AivlaSoft EFB for flight planning? I downloaded the 30-days demo and I struggle with my flight path. I always get "DCT" between arrival and approach. I don't know, what I'm doing wrong. I tried every possible combination of runways and approaches and the result is always the same - DCT. I'm newbe in PMDG 737 (few tutorial 1 flights), but there is nice route from EGKK to EHAM and plane is following this route nicely to the runway. If I try to make the same route in the EFB, I get DCT before approach and my autopilot is on this part going crazy and I must approach and land manualy.

Thank you for your answers.

Milan

The EFB is not for flight planning in that it will not generate a route for you. It can be used to save routes to PMDG format however. Try using skyvector to create your route and copy it into EFB.

EFB is just a must have for flight planning, despite what others say, it is very easy to create one. First you have to se your departure and arrival airport and altitude in the route setup window, after that go to the progress tab and click on departure then click on the airport name departure tab then select the first or second option to find a sid. Do the same for approuch.

To insert airways is a bit trick, you can go to modify route and add the waypoints manually or just go to route setup click on the Select button then chose the last button I forgot the name of the website. Get the route from that then activate, after that you will have to add the sid and star again and modify the ending and beggining of the enroute.

For the approuch you will have to go to the modify under route setup then select approuch and add it there.

Sorry for my english, hope you understood.

EFB cannot be used for flight planning, that is not the purpose of EFB. You have to know your route and enter it in EFB.

I use SkyVector, Flightaware, vRoute, RouteFinder or SimRoutes and up to date charts, or any suitable combination of these, to plan my route.

23.png

I don't know, but I guess you do it as you say in your previous mail, by getting the route from somewhere else?

23.png

Do you have the latest AIRAC data installed?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

That is the enroute only. I get the enroute, I find the sid and star that i want to use than i change the enroute to fit it. Now you are going to tell me that this is not planning. So please tell me what is the definition of planning.

That is the enroute only. I get the enroute, I find the sid and star that i want to use than i change the enroute to fit it. Now you are going to tell me that this is not planning. So please tell me what is the definition of planning.

I would call that changing an already planned route, but you can of course call that planning if you want to.

When I plan a route I start with the charts for the dep/arr apts. I read up on the SID's and the arr apt STAR system to decide wich wpt are suitable for transition.

I then search vRoute or any of the other mentioned services until I find a route. I check if the route suggested contain suitable start and end points.

I enter the route I select into Skyvector to check if the airways selected are correct (some are one-way only), and make the necessary changes.

Now I have a ready planned route wich I paste into EFB. I add my expected altitude and save the route so that the route is available for import in AS2012 and NGX, MD-11 or J41, wich are the aircrafts I currently fly.

23.png

EFB is flexible. You can paste a route in or define your own.

Expensive, but it's the one thing that made IFR flying all make sense to me. 

EFB is flexible. You can paste a route in or define your own.

Expensive, but it's the one thing that made IFR flying all make sense to me.

Yep, I use it on every flight. I fly online only so I love the frequency changing function, the moving map for situational awareness and the ability to show online traffic in ground view.

Sadly there are a few major problems. The approach plates presented are very often missing a lot of info in comparison to the official charts, and there is no way to modify waypoints inside a STAR.

Version 2 has been mentioned for at least a year and I hope it will materialize soon.

23.png

EFB cannot be used for flight planning, that is not the purpose of EFB. You have to know your route and enter it in EFB.

I use SkyVector, Flightaware, vRoute, RouteFinder or SimRoutes and up to date charts, or any suitable combination of these, to plan my route.

EFB can be used for planning, it has integration to VATRoute and Route Finder so that you can plan/create a route from scratch from within the program.

I use the Route Finder option. Select departure airport, select destination etc, save the calculated route, select FL, add a SID, add a STAR (EFB will use METAR to indicate current conditions at destination, although this may change).

It's all I use to keep things simple.

Yep, you sure can, but I still don't think EFB is used for flight-"planning" as you in fact are using VATroute or other services for that purpose.

I would not claim to use CTRL-C and CTRL-V for flightplanning either ;)

Anyway, it's a great piece of kit if they just could fix its shortcomings :)

23.png

Yep, you sure can, but I still don't think EFB is used for flight-"planning" as you in fact are using VATroute or other services for that purpose.

I would not claim to use CTRL-C and CTRL-V for flightplanning either ;)

Anyway, it's a great piece of kit if they just could fix its shortcomings :)

True, you are still technically using Route Planner but you do not leave the EFB program nor do you have to copy and paste the route; it is resident within EFB.

EFB is great, would not take a commercial sim flight without it.

One of the best features is the visual charts. After importing you flight plan you can begin plotting your SIDS, Transitions and STARS which in turn you can use to program the FMC. You can also cross check altitiude and speed restrictions with your FMC data. It allows you to have a quick visual representation of any on the fly route changes and allows you to see sourrounding traffic.

It tracks your movement through out your flight plan and feels like a good flying friend. Really recommended.