Sign in to follow this  
fredriks

NGX + Saitek Rudder Pedals Issue

Hey guys!

I recently bought the Saitek Rudder Pedals and i'n using them with the PMDG NGX. Really happy with them besides one thing. Right after landing when I start using manual braking to disarm the autobrakes and start vacating the runway the aircraft hits full brakes and forces the aircraft to a complete stop.. I get them released again by pressing the toe brakes again a bit but it really annoys me.. Same thing happens a few seconds later, usually when I've just vacated the runway, I press them again and then it's all good, no issues taxiing to the gate.

Maybe I should add that im using FS2Crew as well, so this happens during the FO's clean up/after landing procedures, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before I got the rudder pedals from Saitek.

Any clues on what's causing this? Anyone who've experienced the same as I?

Regards

This is a calibration issue within FSX, not the NGX. If you set your brakes on the FSX control sensitivity, I think you bring your null zone to just under the N in the word zone, and then the next set of sliders to 100 %, and it should correct the issue.

This is a calibration issue within FSX, not the NGX. If you set your brakes on the FSX control sensitivity, I think you bring your null zone to just under the N in the word zone, and then the next set of sliders to 100 %, and it should correct the issue.

I'm using FSUIPC for the calibration of the rudder pedals, any similar solution for that? Do you know why it occurs only during clean up and vacating the runway?

Hi Fredriks,

I also use FSUIPC with my Saitek rudder pedals. I also run FS2Crew. This is not a problem with the NGX or FS2Crew.

I remember some time back that I also encountered this problem.

The first thing you must do is go into FSUIPC and go into joystick calibration. Select the second page and assuming you have calibrated your rudder pedal brakes properly, ensure you tick the 'Rev' box.

If you have already done this or it doesn't work then we shall try something else.

Gary

This would definitely be a calibration issue. I had the exact same issue with my GoFlight rudder pedals (solved here just yesterday), except mine was bad enough to prevent the autobrakes from engaging on landing (it would interpret the unstable signal from the faulty potentiometer in my left brake pedal as me applying manual braking and override/disarm the autobrakes), and would then suddenly apply maximum braking on turning the autobrakes off. My specific solution was to eliminate the faulty left brake pedal, set a new FSUIPC calibration on the right one (as per my suggestion below) and use FSUPIC to set both the left and right brake functions to the right pedal, but only the calibration bit would really apply to you.

My suggestions (hopefully understandable):

• Try running a calibration routine or two in Windows control panel for the pedals. Or Saitek's calibration routine if Saitek provides its own calibration function outside of FSX. This might help, it might not.
  • You say you use FSUIPC to calibrate the pedals in FSX....
  • Make sure the "Rev" box is checked/unchecked properly as required for the specific rudder pedals. My GoFlight pedals require the Reverse checkbox to be checked. I can only assume from the other responses above that the Saitek pedals are reversed as well.
  • Try adding a null zone by pressing the pedal slightly before setting the "pedal released" calibration point. You will need to try to set this calibration point at the same pedal position on both pedals. Set the "pedal fully down" position normally with the pedals pressed fully down. You may need to experiment a bit to find the smallest null zone that eliminates any effects of shaky signals from the pedals. This would just mean you need to press on the pedals past this point before the brakes will actually engage.

Hope this helps. :)

Dave Coulter

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Thank you Dave and Gary! The Reverse box has been checked since the beginning, added some null zone for the brakes and will give this a try later or tomorrow. Any idea why this occurs only at specific points of the flight (after landing/clean up) and not during other routines such as taxiing?

Regards

Fredrik

Just tested this out a bit guys, and Dave I have kind of the exact same issue as you, the brakes hits full power when the Autobrake knob is turned back to OFF, my Autobrake works during landing though.. I see you had to sacrifice the differential braking in order to get rid of the issue, does anyone else have any suggestions on getting the Autobrake to work properly?

Regards

Fredrik

I had this same issue when I first started using my Saitek pedals. I ended up just not using the toe brakes. Instead, I have one of the buttons on the yoke set for braking. I would love to find a solution as well.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I had the same issue as well. All I did was update FSUIPC to the most recent and that fixed the problem. I also increased the null zone in FSX for the toe brakes. All is good now.

Phil

Will try that latest update of FSUIPC! I've narrowed this down a bit and now my autobrakes works during landing, found out that one of my reversers were assigned to the brake command and that's what disarmed them obviously.. Now my only issue is that the brakes hits full power when the autobrake knob is turned back to off, let's hope that update fixes that :)

easy answer,  use a registered version of FSUIPC, and disable all control with FSX and allow fsuipc to do all the controls