Sign in to follow this  
Chase

The Real Summer1

@,

Several months ago there was an incident where you were suspended.  As a result of the suspension, I became curious if your identity was true.  This is not to say everyone here is sharing their real identity, as that wouldn't be a realistic assumption.  Rather, I choose to scrutinize those who become a very serious problem for the enjoyment and development of AVSIM and flight simulation.

The short of the long is this...  We know your real identity as a male chiropractor from the Midwest.  We ask you stop playing mind games with our users and staff, and stop hampering others enjoyment of this community.  Your aliases have been banned and flagged as your identities so people know going forward it was you.  You should be careful as your skidding very close to acting contrary to the law.

Wow, a male chiropractor from the Midwest. That's one doc I wouldn't want repairing my spine :-(

Considering that in the recent past there have been two bans of people claiming to be female and ended up being males, it makes me wonder why in the first place these folks come here under the alias of a female in the first place? 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They ban people for gender-bending?  Boy, is he strict!

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not really a Captain, but I have at times used airsickness bags.  And both times it was because I'd gotten really drunk the night before.

They ban people for gender-bending? Boy, is he strict!

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not really a Captain, but I have at times used airsickness bags. And both times it was because I'd gotten really drunk the night before.

I think you missed a few parts of my post. No one was banned. His aliases were banned, same treatment for anyone discovered to have multiple accounts. Nor was the identity an issue. It was the fact he is using multiple accounts and causing problems with attitude and arrogance.

Just want that to be clear as again, it's not realistic to assume everyone is giving their real identity. You could be Elvis for all I Care, just be nice and play by the rules :)

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT??????

We have our ways... boy, do we have our ways. :ph34r:

The world is a funny place... :rolleyes:

Maybe so, until you understand that we have had any number of pedophilia, stalking and other less than, well, non-complimentary things happen here in what is an  ostensibly flight / aviation community. Then, the world isn't quite the funny place that I would  certainly like it to be.

People ###### and complain about our rules, policies and our enforcement of them. We have had people literally try to crash, destroy and otherwise trash us around the net for upholding our policies and either suspending or banning them. That occurred as recently as January and February of this year. It wasn't until we identified the cretin and threatened him with legal touchy feelies and exposure of his address and business, that he backed off. I will end this by saying that not all slow downs of AVSIM are related to me adding functions, or screwing up our databases. :rolleyes:

Maybe so, until you understand that we have had any number of pedophilia, stalking and other less than, well, non-complimentary things happen here in what is an  ostensibly flight / aviation community. Then, the world isn't quite the funny place that I would  certainly like it to be.

People ###### and complain about our rules, policies and our enforcement of them. We have had people literally try to crash, destroy and otherwise trash us around the net for upholding our policies and either suspending or banning them. That occurred as recently as January and February of this year. It wasn't until we identified the cretin and threatened him with legal touchy feelies and exposure of his address and business, that he backed off. I will end this by saying that not all slow downs of AVSIM are related to me adding functions, or screwing up our databases. :rolleyes:

I have seen quite a few bans / suspensions in my time being here on the Forums. At-least we have Admins that enforce the law instead of brush it by and have the "don't do it again" attitude, unlike some other forums.. 

I meant by the world is a funny place, with all these people pretending to be someone else. It just baffles me why they would do that. Previous bans? or just internet trolls? 

Previous bans? or just internet trolls?

Both...  Luckily we got it to end.  If someone is upset about something on the internet... that's when it's time to push away for a minute and think of the big picture of life and the world.  These petty arguments, ruffles, or whatever you want to call them, are so small compared to the big picture.  It's just not worth it to have a grudge with someone on the internet (or even in life).  Eventually this grudge may lead to our servers getting bombarded with spam, hate, etc, which they have in the past -- and then what?  What exactly is accomplished?  

All I'm saying is, I wish sometimes people had their priorities straight.  It's not always easy to push back, and walk away, or admit you're wrong... but you only get one chance to do the right thing today -- don't mess it up and regret it later.  As a quick method of re-alignment, I sometimes ask myself, "will this matter a year from now?  or even a month from now?"

So, what we have here is a split personality with the same crap attitude on both sides.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Seriously, you guy do a very good job of keeping this place civil and on topic.  It's more appreciated than you know.  Thanks.

Wow what the heck did I miss...Sherlock Holmes eat your heart out.  I sensed something a little off kilter about Summer1's presence here, but couldn't figure out what it was.  I live in the midwest and will damn sure be taking care of my back MYSELF!!

Proof you can run, but can't hide even under the cloak of the world wide web.  Keep up the great work Tom, Chase & co.

Chris Sunseri

Managing a forum is.... interesting. As with the Internet itself, you find out there are far many more twisted, crazy, nothing-better-to-do-with-their-life-apparently people out there than you'd ever imagined. The folks managing this particular asylum are doing a fantastic, patient job. :)

Once she (?) didn't come back, I had the feeling that something was up. Remember that other member who was impersonating a girl? I forget that alias though.

Well everyone, TURN YOUR SLIDERS UP

Avsim is a much nicer place without "her" she really brought the mood down of this great community.

Lee