Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

Follow PMDG FACEBOOK! Something Happening!

How could you NOT love that beautiful flight deck?! The colour is way nicer to the eyes than the NGX's grey in my opinion. No other flight deck comes close to this :-P

I don't know, the 787's grey cockpit along with its display makes it look really sophisticated and modern, the brown just speaks 80's lol Plus gotta love how the HUD is standard and for both pilots  B) (really surprised how the HUD is offered for the 737NG's but its not offered on the 777, FDX had to install an aftermarket version but they also have FLIR as well IIRC)

In all seriousness the VC looks very good and I won't judge until they are finished, I would think they have far better knowledge on what they are doing than we do and you cannot judge an art work until the artist says its done. 

ana787cockpit13.jpg

4661026874_efd421cc6b_z.jpg

FDX had to install an aftermarket version but they also have FLIR as well IIRC

Do you know why they installed a FLIR on a commercial jet?

Do you know why they installed a FLIR on a commercial jet?

To see through heavy wx while on approach? I dunno but I chalk it up to just because they can afford it with cargo making a lot more money than pax ops.

To see through heavy wx while on approach?

Quite possibly, I didn't think about that. Wouldn't the runway have to give off a strong heat signature to be picked up though?

edit: just did some more research, they actually installes an EFVS (enhanced flight vision system) onto their aircraft. get more info here

Something which as been corrected as well is the ratio/heigh between top of A/P panel and bottom of Overhead panel. (glareshield)

It was too big (like on the NGX currently), it has been rectified according to what you can see in the picture above. Now it looks like the real thing. Good proportions !

I'm really glad someone noticed this actually - it's something I started asking Vin to take a look at after I flew the level D 777 simulator last year. We did a full audit of that part of the cockpit a few test versions ago and realized that a couple measurements weren't right - went back and had them redone and it looks great now. You get much more of a sense of how confined these cockpits really are now because the view out the front is more constrained and the overhead is much closer to your "head" now. We're planning to revisit this in the NGX as well for SP2, so don't be surprised if the dimensions change a bit there too - it will be quite a noticeable change for people used to the view you get currently in SP1c.

The VC graphical realism doesn't look as good as the NGX.  Anyone else thinking this too, quietly?  Or is it just that 777 color?  

I agree....not really digging the VC.

I know that we can't ever win with everyone, but seriously guys - this VC is actually at higher resolution in most parts than the NGX is. Everything you're seeing comes off of extremely high res photos we took in a real 777-200LR cockpit. This was a very new aircraft we surveyed this time and there isn't a lot of the dirt/grime stuff that was there in the NGX, which was based on a heavily used aircraft that had been in service for a decade at the time we surveyed it. One of the things dirt and grime does is add detail that breaks up surfaces of continuous same color. When you don't have it there, things can look more "plain" because of that lack of detail "noise" in the image. Again, I don't think we can win here either way - a ton of people complained to us about how dirty the NGX was. We go and do a completely clean cockpit for the next product and now other people complain that it doesn't look detailed. You can't really have it both ways here.

Also - a 777 just plain looks different than an NG too - it's not the same materials at all. The 777 cockpit has much flatter/cleaner panels and lines in it (there isn't much of a visible texture to the panels) - it was designed as an integrated whole from the ground up whereas the NG's cockpit represents something that's been added onto over multiple generations of the airplane going back to the 1960s - the NG is a much "busier" cockpit in terms of all the disparate things that exist on the different panels. We can't help the fact that a 777 is inherently a cleaner and simpler looking cockpit than an NG is. That doesn't mean the 777 is less detailed.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well said Ryan!   I cannot find fault with the VC, I always loved the clean and modern look of the 777, but that said, I enjoy the more sort of "cluttered" look of the VC in the 737 NGX.   Each one adds the character of the actual airplane to it.   If a 737 suddenly started looking like a 777 inside, I would be rather disgusted :LMAO:

What I have come to know PMDG for is that the product looks and feels like the real thing, it sounds like the real thing and flies like the real thing, enough said.

Thanks for the great work and I am very much looking forward to powering her up and start the hurtle down the runway to the take off!

Kind regards

A 'clean' flightdeck on a brand new payware addon is just as justified/as disputable as a 'worn' flightdeck on an 'as real as it gets' payware addon.

What are we talking about, here?   :Thinking:

Do we really need an option to switch between 'new' and 'used' just as we do with 'low res' to 'high res'?

I just wanna fly this bird!   :biggrin:

The VC graphical realism doesn't look as good as the NGX.  Anyone else thinking this too, quietly?  Or is it just that 777 color? 

I originally posted the above but then afterwards studied some VC real-life pics of the 777 and now I feel that PMDG's depiction s pretty darn good.  It's funny but even the real 777 with the flat brown, non-textured panels does look kind of "fake".   

No but I can smell Chase's popcorn. Boy oh boy wouldn't it go nice with one of these cold babies:

My kryptonite. Mmmmmm

Great description Ryan. Its modern therefore sleeker and meant to look less busy or cluttered. I think you guys have done a fantastic job. Not worried in the least about the quality. I have no doubt it will be top notch. 

Lets just fly it!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It is a newer plane; so the clean cockpit lines look pretty good imo.  Good work!

Simon

What part of me talking about the actual 747 cockpit colors and how they look in a VC to my liking is taking a stab at PMDG?

Of course it will be quality work, I was just stating my opinion on the color scheme and my like for it compared to other aircraft and aircraft they have done.

I can like a different color set.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

As for the clean cockpit; will there be an option that links to a police national computer, takes a copy of our fingerprints (if available) and superimpose them onto the screens, having worked out what screens we're likely to touch based on our flying style?

As for the clean cockpit; will there be an option that links to a police national computer, takes a copy of our fingerprints (if available) and superimpose them onto the screens, having worked out what screens we're likely to touch based on our flying style?

That option will most likely not be accessible by customers but by police authorities only.    B)    Reminds me of the 'BKA Trojaner' ("German FBI Trojan", BKA = Bundeskriminalamt = German FBI).