Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Malibu JetProp over California

Just some shots I grabbed while flying from Napa to Santa Barbara.

EqiKO.jpg

1fBrV.jpg

OcX2D.jpg

c20ut.jpg

4PFu.jpg

K5dt.jpg

5gBeE.jpg

o3yRm.jpg

3Fij.jpg

85IHK.jpg

7RVC.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Nice.  I get the urge to get that airplane. How 'checklist complete' is it?  I got the B200 and have been regretting it...hangared already.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guest Mik75

Beautiful shots!!! Very nice colours!

Thanks. Really like this BlueSky scenery, and amazingly it's completely free. They recently moved everything to their own servers which means you can actually download large chunks without waiting endlessly in line now.

Nice.  I get the urge to get that airplane. How 'checklist complete' is it?  I got the B200 and have been regretting it...hangared already.

I'm a pretty casual simmer, so I don't do everything by the book. However the flight dynamics are made by Bernt Stolle which means the plane flies beautifully and is not twitchy and unstable like many of the older Carenado planes. These days, I don't buy anything from Carenado without making sure it comes with an airfile made by Stolle.

I don't think the engine and systems modelling are as good as e.g. the RealAir Turbine Duke, so some of the numbers may be off. One thing I did (as recommended in the unofficial Carenado forum) was to reduce the fuel_flow_scalar to 1.17 in the aircraft.cfg to reduce the fuel flow in cruise.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

How 'checklist complete' is it? I got the B200 and have been regretting it...hangared already.

Gregg, as you know, I don't have the B200, but... Assuming it's close to the C90 and its systems depth and based on my flying of that KA, if checklist issues bother you in the B200, they'll bother you more in the JetProp.

I still think it's a very nice simulation.  Flying it is in many ways like flying the Turbine Duke in the sense that it's also a turbine conversion and airframe limited at low altitudes and in some ways (hang on - Avsim conventional wisdom sacrilege about to occur here) I think its a better plane or perhaps better said a plane I sometimes enjoy flying more.  Like the Duke, if you want to fly relatively fast and efficient, you get it high as quickly as possible and stay high as long as possible. 

But there are gaps (fuel system modeling isn't quite correct as I recall, the ice door thing I've mentioned elsewhere, some annunciator behavior that doesn't quite jib and so on) and if those bother you, you're not going to like it.  There are also some mods you're going to want to do (like the fuel scalar that JimmiG mentions) right out of the chute.  Bert Pieke also has a modded G500 designed to work better with the RXP Garmin's that I use.

All in all, this is one of the toughest planes for me to justify recommending, but I do.  As mentioned elsewhere, if Carenado took care of the last 5%, I think they'd have a great plane on their hands.  As it is, I still find that I value what it is a lot more than I get bugged by what it isn't.

Scott

Love the great window shots!

HLJAMES

Thanks Gregg, I was about to ask the same question. Also, have bliksimpie's GPS mods been incorporated or do I have to go and scrounge them?

Good set of screens btw. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Gregg, as you know, I don't have the B200, but... Assuming it's close to the C90 and its systems depth and based on my flying of that KA, if checklist issues bother you in the B200, they'll bother you more in the JetProp.

Yeah, I may be bothered by that more than you (and, likely, others).  If they don't get the checklist to a certain point then I start to get suspicious about other things.  Knowing that Bernt did the FDE I wouldn't worry about that.  The graphics are always superb.  The B200 wasn't really complete enough to fly in a normal way I didn't feel given that neither V/S nor IAS were implemented on the A/P.  The other stuff had me grumbling but that made me put it away.

All in all, this is one of the toughest planes for me to justify recommending, but I do. As mentioned elsewhere, if Carenado took care of the last 5%, I think they'd have a great plane on their hands. As it is, I still find that I value what it is a lot more than I get bugged by what it isn't.

5%...yes, yes and triple yes.  No doubt.  They'd be in a very unique place for the GA world.  Sometime last year I nearly made the decision to go elsewhere for airplanes and didn't.  In the case of the C337 I'm very glad I didn't.  But, for me, the others were let down.  I do laud what they're trying to do...they *are* working on systems and making some progress.  But, I think I'll just sit and learn and enjoy what I have for a while. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Very nice shots.  Wish I was flying FSX.

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Great colors, especially in #2!.

Blue Sky's northern California stuff...especially up through Napa Valley has some very nice colors.

Gregg Seipp