Sign in to follow this  
igneousrocklad

Full Screening with Sweet FX?

I really love this mod but for some reason I find it hard to use with FSX in Full Screen mode. I can't re-maximize FSX without having some difficulty getting it to come back up. I never usually have this problem with FSX without SweetFX but the moment I use it this problem occurs. If I remove it the problems go away which shows that it definitely lies with SweetFX. I love this mod for its graphics so much but I am afraid I will have to discontinue my use with it unless I find a fix. Any Ideas to how to fix this?

- One side note, windowed mode is NOT an option - as I have always used Full Screen even from the days of FS9 and I prefer it. My computer is well-off so there is no performance advantage even switching to windowed mode.

- Thanks for all the help!

I am having the same issue . I can't minimize the screen , fsx will exit out with out any crash or report it just disappears. 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Same here Mr Leny.  I wondered what the heck caused it to exit out when I tried switching out of full screen.  Once I removed the SweetFX files from the FSX directory, the crashes went away.  Looks like it's full screen or no screen when using it.

Chris Sunseri

Same here Mr Leny.  I wondered what the heck caused it to exit out when I tried switching out of full screen.  Once I removed the SweetFX files from the FSX directory, the crashes went away.  Looks like it's full screen or no screen when using it.

I did a clean format of a recent computer i build to test it. An still exit with out no warning . The only thing i have found in the fsx log is this

D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed

SweetFX\Shaders\HDR.h(44,25): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

I have been battling with this for such a long time . An i have miss out on flying  i guest i don't know when to call it quits . Jim can tell you how long i have been battling with this error . I guest if with this new build it doesn't work am going to just enjoy fsx as it is . I am going to try this with version 1.3 now . The one i tested it today was with the 1.4. I think from what the fsx log tells me the amount of HDR power i am using will not work for negative f. I am trying to guest what it means .

One thing i notice different is that most fsx simmers are using version 1.3

The difference that i see in 1.4 compare with 1.3 is that 1.3 version has 9 files an 1.4 version has 10 . Am not trying to say that the difference in files amount that is causing the problem . But am taking a closer look into it now . I will report in 5 hours or more if i get the same result . I try going to the sweetfx forum but people are all over the place over there . I haven't found not one simmer over there. Battlefield an other games seem to be the big topics over there .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

I had issues with EMB and SweetFX when I was using triple monitors. Since I went to one huge monitor - I have no troubles using either in full screen. I prefer SweetFx over EMB because of stability.

I did a clean format of a recent computer i build to test it. An still exit with out no warning . The only thing i have found in the fsx log is this

D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed

SweetFX\Shaders\HDR.h(44,25): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

I have been battling with this for such a long time . An i have miss out on flying  i guest i don't know when to call it quits . Jim can tell you how long i have been battling with this error . I guest if with this new build it doesn't work am going to just enjoy fsx as it is . I am going to try this with version 1.3 now . The one i tested it today was with the 1.4. I think from what the fsx log tells me the amount of HDR power i am using will not work for negative f. I am trying to guest what it means .

One thing i notice different is that most fsx simmers are using version 1.3

The difference that i see in 1.4 compare with 1.3 is that 1.3 version has 9 files an 1.4 version has 10 . Am not trying to say that the difference in files amount that is causing the problem . But am taking a closer look into it now . I will report in 5 hours or more if i get the same result . I try going to the sweetfx forum but people are all over the place over there . I haven't found not one simmer over there. Battlefield an other games seem to be the big topics over there .

Have you found a solution for it? here is my sweetfx error log "D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed"

1y329d.jpg

Have you found a solution for it? here is my sweetfx error log "D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed"

The only solution i have found well not a solution but a work around  is to disable sweetfx when selecting any menu option in fsx. Sometimes it works an sometime it doesn't . Its funny because when i use one of the GA aircraft an just fly around fsx i get no CTD an i access the menu more than once an no crashes. People that don't get crashes should actually fly the same flight plan that we who have crashes with sweetfx to see if they also get the same result. To me the crashes happen on certain area with certain aircrafts. Because if i flew around TNCM for like 2 hours an made several stop on near by islands an access the menu an no crashes that means the crashes only happen IFR with certain aircraft an scenery .  But when you select aircraft like the NGX , Airbus Extended , CS767 etc they all seem to crash when you access the menu after a couple of hours of flight.  .

Mr Leny

The only solution i have found well not a solution but a work around  is to disable sweetfx when selecting any menu option in fsx. Sometimes it works an sometime it doesn't . Its funny because when i use one of the GA aircraft an just fly around fsx i get no CTD an i access the menu more than once an no crashes. People that don't get crashes should actually fly the same flight plan that we who have crashes with sweetfx to see if they also get the same result. To me the crashes happen on certain area with certain aircrafts. Because if i flew around TNCM for like 2 hours an made several stop on near by islands an access the menu an no crashes that means the crashes only happen IFR with certain aircraft an scenery .  But when you select aircraft like the NGX , Airbus Extended , CS767 etc they all seem to crash when you access the menu after a couple of hours of flight.  .

Than I guess I am fine without it and be happy with Shade

1y329d.jpg

Yup, don't worry we will find a cure some day. What we should do is try to get the attention from the original creator of sweetfx with his help maybe we might find a fix for this problem .

Mr Leny

He will not do it alone for FSX :( . The only one that have troubles with it

1y329d.jpg

They do different things.

I run SweetFX and can maximise, fullscreen or window, send to dock etc with SFX on or off.

To the OP (or anyone else): What settings within SweetFX do you use?

Are you using the SweetFX configurator GUI?

What are your Nvidia Inspector settings, if any?

Are you using one or two monitors when in full-screen mode?

What operating system and graphics card do you have?

As I say, it's worked like a charm from day one here. You can actually use it WITH ENB using d3d proxies in the .ini file whcih is cool if your setup can handle it, as ENB and SFX are subtly different.

Shade does something totally different, though. It's a pallette changer whereas SweetFX and ENB are post-processing shader meddlers.

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I have this same problem. After flying for an hour using the NGX and sweetFX if I try to go into Windows my fsx will stop responding, ###### me off so much

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

They do different things.

I run SweetFX and can maximise, fullscreen or window, send to dock etc with SFX on or off.

To the OP (or anyone else): What settings within SweetFX do you use?

Attached file

Are you using the SweetFX configurator GUI?

Ans.No i just place sweetfx file inside fsx folder

What are your Nvidia Inspector settings, if any?

Ans.8xS Antialiasing 2x Sparse Grid Super Sampling , No Anistropic

Are you using one or two monitors when in full-screen mode?

Ans. No just one

What operating system and graphics card do you have?

Ans.Win7 x64, GTX 680 (updated drivers)

As I say, it's worked like a charm from day one here. You can actually use it WITH ENB using d3d proxies in the .ini file whcih is cool if your setup can handle it, as ENB and SFX are subtly different.

Shade does something totally different, though. It's a pallette changer whereas SweetFX and ENB are post-processing shader meddlers.

jake

1y329d.jpg

Sid (I'm assuming this is your name, if not, sidh)

My PC is being a pain and not allowing me to access it remotely from work today. I'll post my ini file when I get in. I have never actually used the ini file to edit settings, only the GUI (i'll let you know whcih one and version when I get in; there are a few)

Also, I'm not sure which version of SweetFX I run, either. I downloaded it from combatsim.com a while back and never updated it. I'll post that info too.

Sorry I can't help right now but I wll be back. We can deffo get this working, I reckon

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg