Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

I had to let the rhino die

I've flown the rhino rescue mission several times only to have to abort it at the DC3.  No matter where I land the helo in the temporary helipad behind the DC3, nothing happens..  I just sit in the helo and wish something would.  What is the secret for getting me out of the helo and into the cockpit of the DC3?

Thanks.

Dewey

Do you touch down before you reach the helipad and have to take off again to reach the helipad? I remember having trouble with this exact mission when I did not touch donw on the pad, but somewher in its vicinity and then hovered to the landing area -  the sim doesn't seem to like that...

I saw a YouTube video of this mission and in the comments it's mentioned that after you land on the helipad, try lifting off again and move closer to the tail of the DC3. 

Barry Friedman

I've had problems here, too - landing with 206 doesn't trigger the AreaLandingTrigger so you don't get to change to the DC-3. However, as Florian says, if you make a 'clean' touchdown, the problem can disappear - but these helicopter touchdown triggers are notorious for not working on some systems but work on others. As Barry says, you can try lifting off to, say 50' AGL and land cleanly again - this may get over the problem.

But even when you get the DC-3 started, the Rhino runs amuck - be warned!

Cheers - Dai. B)

But even when you get the DC-3 started, the Rhino runs amuck - be warned!

That's indeed helpful! If you don't do so already, always save your mission progress every now and then, especially after you have achieved a goal within that mission, in this case at least save the flight after you change to the DC3.

That's indeed helpful! If you don't do so already, always save your mission progress every now and then, especially after you have achieved a goal within that mission, in this case at least save the flight after you change to the DC3.

Great advice for all missions where you encounter problems!