Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Fs global real weather and Opus

I just bought it. Anyone know how long it takes to get a serial key sent to you?

Eric 

I just bought it. Anyone know how long it takes to get a serial key sent to you?

I had to wait about 20 min. I got it in my spambox becouse the senders name is Steve and my spamfilter said no on that ;)

Greetings,

Guy Vankeer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have it downloaded now, I'll install it to run networked as described. I just hope it does not screw up the Simconnect installation for my other addons ;)

23.png

Really nice picture Richard, do you use Rex textures?

23.png

Yes I do :) using the natural dawn and dusk about the most realistic of the choices wish there were more to choose from not many

Rich Sennett

I bought FS GlobalRW a couple of days ago. This afternoon I tried the weatherdepiction, especially the cloudscapes generated by FSGRW and Opus and I compared them with weathercams for the same place. Opus was always spot on, like I would be there. FSGRW generated f.i. broken clouds where it should be clear and light stratuslayers where the weathercam showed a thick overcast and heavy rain. I was a bit disappointed, I think for the moment Opus is my favourite.

Hans Wijnroks

I bought FS GlobalRW a couple of days ago. This afternoon I tried the weatherdepiction, especially the cloudscapes generated by FSGRW and Opus and I compared them with weathercams for the same place. Opus was always spot on, like I would be there. FSGRW generated f.i. broken clouds where it should be clear and light stratuslayers where the weathercam showed a thick overcast and heavy rain. I was a bit disappointed, I think for the moment Opus is my favourite.

Hans Wijnroks

Hi!

What UTC time and which location was it? I can check this on our weather servers :).

Bernd

Hi!

What UTC time and which location was it? I can check this on our weather servers :).

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

It was between 16-18 hrs. UTC. I tried Perpignan, La Rochelle, Ibiza, San Diego, and a couple of others which I forgot in the meantime. I compared the FSX-picture with weathercams which you can find on www.wetterklima.de

Regards, Hans Wijnroks

Why do most of the screenshots I see of this new weather engine always have an abundance of flat 2D cloud depiction?

Like the screenshot a few posts above at sunset, all I see are flat clouds.

I definitely don't see this in opus.

Why do most of the screenshots I see of this new weather engine always have an abundance of flat 2D cloud depiction?

I flew KJFK-KCLT-KATL-KFLL today online on vatsim. Go to vataware.com and look me up for my flight routes (vatsim ID 842617). Had mainly 3D clouds on all my legs. Only issue was I think to much overcast in KATL. Look at my UTC times on vataware.com to replicate if you want.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

They are not flat 2d clouds, they use just use less cumulus clouds and more stratus/altostratus clouds than some other weather programs

They are not flat 2d clouds, they use just use less cumulus clouds and more stratus/altostratus clouds than some other weather programs

Your shots of YSCB approach were very good, what cloud textures are you using? Is it REX?

Your shots of YSCB approach were very good, what cloud textures are you using? Is it REX?

I always use Pablo Diaz's HDE v2.0 clouds and sky textures.  They are the best I've ever found (for realism anyway) and best of all they're free :)