Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

is there any replacement for enb series?

Hello,

I've heard ENB series can really enhance the colors, i am facing a problem on the sim that the cockpit is to bright at cartain points.

for instance the cockpit is way to bright near sunset, when at reality you need to turn the night lighting.

the night sometimes can be actually very bright, you can see the clouds, when in reality you can see nothing outside.

the dll which ENB series use d3d9 or something similer to this, make my computer to crash for some reason so i can not use it.

is there any alternate available? 

thanks in advance, cheers.

Yes ,

I hate how enb hangs onto FSX dll's, I would never use it personally.

I use a fantastic bit of kit [it's one of my favourite purchases] called MOGWAISOFT - Shade [10euros].

Here is two examples from my machine/

[btw i am a big fan of the pmdg livery]

34j2nwn.jpg

6pcent.jpg

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I agree about ENB. It doesn't work for all circumstances - in some instances it looks incredibly lifelike and other times it looks surreal and garish. I've also had it cause hangs.

I also have Shade and agree it's a great enhancement. They do two different things though. ENB is an HDR and Bloom effect, whereas Shade primarily enhances shadows and lighting.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

There's a similar dll injection thing called "SweetFX" - I haven't used it yet personally but I know a lot of people like what it does.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hmmm. I have a custom enbpallette.bmp that I created but it's largely for brightening things up...especially outside since I felt like FSX lighting was an eternal cloudy day. It was a royal pain to create since, if I brighten outside, it generally wanted to brighten inside as well...sometimes with horrible results. This thread shows a couple of samples of the final result...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405373-cities-x-may-not-have-night-lightingbut-i-love-it-during-the-day/

I can upload my settings (which I got from REX) and the bmp file if you want to try it out. I've looked at shade and pondered trying it but once I got ENB and SweetFX this way I said good enough for now.

I should add, for whatever reason...call it luck...it works pretty good at night and sunrise/sunset.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

@Tabs    Actually the main problem with ENB is that you need to tweak the dll file just right for the lighting to be perfect. I use fsx shade by mogwaisoft with specially tweaked ENB Series to get 'real atmosphere'

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Shade does not replace ENB. FXAA or SweetFX do.

I use SweetFX and I love it. Personally I just gave a bump to the contrast levels, because that's all FSX really needs to shine. It brings immense vibrance in your world.

Get it here- http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

You can use my preset if you wish, it's simple and makes everything look vibrant. You can get it here: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/330/

This is the end result:

2013-4-15_13-45-56-259.jpg

But of course, you can add many more effects like bloom, HDR, sepia, technicolor, etc,etc..

use this if you are not confortable editing the settings manually: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Unfortunately both ENB and SweetFX are causing CTD's for me. I was so stubborn to keep ENB or SweetFX on my FSX box for so long as I thought it brought some brilliant results to FSX, but once I got rid of it, I am finally enjoying and completing every flight in FSX without any crashes to desktop.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Unfortunately both ENB and SweetFX are causing CTD's for me. I was so stubborn to keep ENB or SweetFX on my FSX box for so long as I thought it brought some brilliant results to FSX, but once I got rid of it, I am finally enjoying and completing every flight in FSX without any crashes to desktop.

Try Mogwasoft shade see post #2

Alex Ridge

Trust me guys, Shade + ENB with the settings developed by BOTH REX and MOGWAISOFT = genius!

The reason why I love ENB so much with shade is because it makes the lighting so realistic! For example at night I cant anything at all apart from the light bulbs of my Nav lights  and the flicker of the beacons. Without it feels unrealistic that I can see 20 or more miles clearly whilst flying at midnight over the ocean with no light source for another 500 miles

check this out:   http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9776-shade-preset-k-and-w-1/

Trust me guys, Shade + ENB with the settings developed by BOTH REX and MOGWAISOFT = genius!

The reason why I love ENB so much with shade is because it makes the lighting so realistic! For example at night I cant anything at all apart from the light bulbs of my Nav lights  and the flicker of the beacons. Without it feels unrealistic that I can see 20 or more miles clearly whilst flying at midnight over the ocean with no light source for another 500 miles

check this out:   http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9776-shade-preset-k-and-w-1/

* can't see anything

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

[quote data-cid='2661916' name='Drumcode' timestamp='1367846734'

Try Mogwasoft shade see post #2

Interesting.

Since I switched to p3d I haven't bothered with a shader like in fsx because of ctd's. I stopped using them before in fsx too

But I might have to give this a try.

Lee

Yes ,

I hate how enb hangs onto FSX dll's, I would never use it personally.

I use a fantastic bit of kit [it's one of my favourite purchases] called MOGWAISOFT - Shade [10euros].

Here is two examples from my machine/

[btw i am a big fan of the pmdg livery]

34j2nwn.jpg

6pcent.jpg

Hey,

love those pictures! i wonder, after i install Mogwaisoft shade, do i need to do something special? like picking textures and so? or will it automatically be presented without doing to much work?

BTW i checked the sweetFX, it seems to work with the same dll as EBB, so no good news here, does Mogwaisoft use the same one?

thanks everyone for putting so much info here.

cheers. 

Hey,

love those pictures! i wonder, after i install Mogwaisoft shade, do i need to do something special? like picking textures and so? or will it automatically be presented without doing to much work?

BTW i checked the sweetFX, it seems to work with the same dll as EBB, so no good news here, does Mogwaisoft use the same one?

thanks everyone for putting so much info here.

cheers. 

You do need to chose the shade you want, it is that simple. Then you start it before FSX [so it doesn't mess with your core files]. 

Follow the manual but it will only take a couple of minutes, it's that easy. [i suggest to start with 'A Brighter Day/Light' 

Alex

Alex Ridge

You do need to chose the shade you want, it is that simple. Then you start it before FSX [so it doesn't mess with your core files]. 

Follow the manual but it will only take a couple of minutes, it's that easy. [i suggest to start with 'A Brighter Day/Light' 

Alex

Thanks Alex, final question for you mate, is it compatible with REX? will REX overwrite the files? 

cheers, Daniel.