Sign in to follow this  
HansRoaming

Level D 767 - would you still rate it in 2013?

Am interested in this product but as well as comments saying this is an awesome add on there are a lot that say it looks very dated.

I like systems depth but also a degree of immersion so having something that looks decent in the VC is a must as that is where I do all my flying from, I tend also to not use any 2D pop ups either.

For those that have this add on, would you recommend this product in 2013 for someone used to A2A interiors although who find the updated Eaglesoft Citation X and the Feelthere ERJ V2 acceptable for immersion?

Any comments would be appreciated.

The FMC doesn't work in the VC and the overhead panel is...well, very very bad. While the aircraft behaves realistically, the whole cockpit looks like it has been drawn and looks terribly dated.

If we could only have Captain Sim interiors and LevelD systems, that would be a 767.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The LVLD is a flightsim milestone, an icon. Systems are there.

Never mind those nasty words from Nuno - he's still impressed with the AAX 320/321 VC in which he's just performed a few test flights ...   :P

Quite frankly the LD767 looked dated when it was released for the FSX, never mind now, definitely FS9 and earlier quality VC graphics, systems were good back then. The last time it was on my PC's was probably 4 years ago and its probably 5 years ago since I last flew it.

Cheers, Andy.

I agree, systems are great etc, but just unflyable now for me due to the way it looks.

Cast iron definate worth a try. I was a stalwart in fs9 of it. Loved it. I had been away from simming for a year for two and when. Got back decided to bite the bullet and go for fsx exclusively. I have tried the Md11 , various 737 (not the Ngx) , lots of aircraft to try and get settled on one. And I went back to the Lds and it's like a glove. The Winglet model is fantastic , the liveries are still great looking. Yes the vc textures are crap. But they're livable with. Trackir loves this aircraft. But for fidelity of systems etc it's still great. If you want what I want out of my sim experience, which is a bit of flight planning, weather, speeds etc , accurate startup procedure, lovely feel , and the ability to do some but not all out emergency or non normal procedures (missed app, engine failure etc etc) then this is for you. The manual is great, there's a ton of paper and tools for it. The vc mod makes it slightly better. It's a tried and tested winner. I haven't had the experience of looking at Axe, Ngx, Js41 so my eye hasn't become accustomed to these textural works of art so maybe that's why I can live with the vc better than most. I don't have the time lifewise to be immersed in some of the detail of the modern aircraft, and to be honest I don't ever want to. I want to play at being a pilot which means pretending I'm hauling cargo all over the world and setting little schedules for myself. And this ac fits perfectly for me.

For some reason Level D 767 caused my FSX to crash on startup maybe 40% of the time, it happened on multiple installations and got fixed by uninstalling it...

I still think it's worth trying, after all Flight 1 has their great refund policy if you get these problems. I think I will try to reinstall it soon and if the problem keeps happening I will contact their support and ask if they know any solution to it. 

Flies great, excellent systems simulation, lots of very nice liveries, comprehensive documentation, definitely worth consideration.  The overhead graphics are flat, but everything works.  So if you value the flying experience more than the cosmetics  (and the cockpit graphics are still very usable), highly recommended.

Gerard Marley

Very difficult question .......

Through 2006-2008 it was my favourite aircraft and really all I ever flew.    The hand flying dynamics are still second to none, as is the systems rendering.       But sitting in such a visually dated VC, when there are so many other good add-ons now (Q400, NGX, AXE, DC-9, to name but a few), would be difficult.

It is about 4 years since I flew with it.      I'm not sure I'd recommend it to a purchaser in 2013; unless you were absolutely prepared that the VC does look very "circa 2004", and could live with that.

But boy does it fly, sound, and operate well!  :cool:

It is good, however I have not flown it for a long time now.

Imagine if they are secretly updating it to 2013 standards... one can still sometimes dream!

Doubt they will just do a VC update.

The whole product would need to be updated like what PMDG are doing with the 747 V2.

I recken most people would be happy to pay for a new product if it is native to FSX/P3D

They get asked that a lot; and can thus get a bit crabby in their response  :P  ..... so I wouldn't hold out much hope, but no harm is asking;       as we say in my region;   "shy bairns get nowt".  :smile:

I've posted on the level D forums asking if they would consider a VC update in much the same way that Eaglesoft did with their Citation X as from what I gather the VC is the only sticking point on this aircraft for many.

It still model's more systems than most, but alas, the visuals of PMDG and Majestic have spoiled me.RIP Level D!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”