Sign in to follow this  
henrikthg

best weather engine for prepar3d

I use FSRealWX lite. Free, fast to load and easy on the FPS. I used REX but it took forever to load so am using REX textures with this one.

I use FSRealWX lite. Free, fast to load and easy on the FPS. I used REX but it took forever to load so am using REX textures with this one.

I tested FSrealwx lite a year ago.

No Metars, wrong reporting stations, no upper level winds/temps, and many more problems posted in the forum.

At that time the fixes were to be in Version 2.

Their forum has not had much activity but I see new problems posted.

It supports "Weather add-on for FS2002, FS2004 and FSX"

I have not tested the current version in P3D / FS9.1 / FSX.

How long have you been using FSRealWx lite?

Have you had the program running error free on P3D?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I've been running it the last 4 months or so. It has Metars, Upper Air levels with wind and temps and as far as I can tell the weather stations it reports from (I only use UK&Europe) are the correct ones.

It runs brilliantly with p3d and like I say, I use REX clouds with it and its lovely. It's been completely error free. I had issues with REX, taking ages to load and then crashing or freezing and not injecting weather into the sim which is why I sought out alternatives.

No harm in trying it is there? You won't break anything.

I've been running it the last 4 months or so. It has Metars, Upper Air levels with wind and temps and as far as I can tell the weather stations it reports from (I only use UK&Europe) are the correct ones.

It runs brilliantly with p3d and like I say, I use REX clouds with it and its lovely. It's been completely error free. I had issues with REX, taking ages to load and then crashing or freezing and not injecting weather into the sim which is why I sought out alternatives.

No harm in trying it is there? You won't break anything.

Ok, thanks for the additional information.

I guess it all got fixed before Version 2.

I will try it again ..

Which version are you using?

I want to use the same one.

Edit:

I downloaded version 1.07.1522 (3-26-13) and used it on my server PC.

I did a test using P3D and it looks much improved .. just as you said it is. No crashes or other problems observed.

Tested at KDTW and EGKK.

I will remove it from my server and put it on my Client PC and do some flight with it .. and flight plans and see how it does with FS9.1, FSX and P3D over a few days.

Best Regards,

OPUS hands down. It's the best in my opinion

I use REX for textures but there's some good freeware cloud textures if that's all your after. REX is worth it too tho.

I can't get REX textures to install in p3d. It says the textures are applied but nothing changes in-game. :(

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I downloaded version 1.07.1522 (3-26-13) and used it on my server PC.

I did a test using P3D and it looks much improved .. just as you said it is. No crashes or other problems observed.
Tested at KDTW and EGKK.

I will remove it from my server and put it on my Client PC and do some flight with it .. and flight plans and see how it does with FS9.1, FSX and P3D over a few days.

Great! Enjoy!

Great! Enjoy!

FSRealWx Lite program.

Right,

Had to stop using it for now.

They still have problems getting enroute winds aloft data correct. Same as a year ago.

On my tests the Upper level Temps were at least 10C too warm.

I posted some comments and test results on their forum.

I did not test all modes yet and will wait for comments from them or give it another shot on next version upgrade.

Best Regards,

FS Global Real Weather is the best! It is better than OpusFSX and AS2012 (I own both)...

I'm also under the same impression. First I used REX, then I switched to Opus and now I'm using FSGlobal Real Weather. What sold me to FSglobal was the never seen before "local weather effects" at different airports. This was very refreshing and made some great challenging approaches at the airports supported by this feature. After landing with those effects I can't go back to Opus anymore. It's great to see devs raising the bar and add some new things to FSX/Prepar3d..

what do you mean by "local weather effects"?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

what do you mean by "local weather effects"?

Here is an example for Madeira:

"You will notice medium to strong turbulence as you get closer to the mountains when approaching both runway 05 and 23, especially with wind directions from north-west and north-east."

These things occur when the right wind conditions are met with FSGlobal real weather and gets worse with stronger winds, with Opus you would not notice anything(turb, winds shifts, wind shear etc)... Right now they have only coded in about 8 airports but the list is growing...

And everyday I get a different expirience depending on the Winds, makes the aproach more immersive.. And add Accufeel V2 to it all and it gets really exiting B) Before I got this engine I always tought it was to "calm" on finals in FSX and missed some action down there, this engine changed it all..

Rad more about it here http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034&pageid=11b577b3-e747-4114-b2cf-0dfac49c37a9

Her is a video from real life, I had a similar expirience at Madeira with this engine B)  https://www.youtube....d&v=km4WPTUI_O4#! (Right before touchdown in this vid you see the plane gets suddenly lifted, that's whats happend to me at Madeira!! awesome, and it only happend a couple of days when I did touch and goes, lately the weather has been calm so I havent got exactly the same expirience.  But I expect it to happen again when the weather gets worse:)

Aerosoft is working on this airport so I sent the FSGlobal devs info about the local weather conditons for this airport and got a nice response that it will be added to the list. Its considered to be the most dangerous airport in Norway(closed in the 90's for Commercial traffic due to a accident with a Twotter on takeoff).

And if you want a airport added to the list you can send your request to the developers yourself..

To the OP, here's a video that maybe make Your Choice easier(or not) :lol:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk0N8mpGZLs&feature=player_embedded

Interview coming up with FSGRW. Hopefully next weekend, so you can all meet the developer.

If anyone want to expirience these "local weather effects" right now at Madeira is the time(there is a demo)!! Insane, I hardly managed to land, and was going for another round but got killed on takeoff, yes on takeoff with A2A P51 :O !!. This is the strongest effect I've had so far. I wish I could make a video this was crazy. Now my plane is totally wrecked and is in for repair. Going to take the Twotter for a spin. Hope the Winds last a little longer B)

I can't praise this engine enough it's just awesome :good:

Edit: Well I think I have to cancel all my flights to/from Madeira today, it's to dangerous to get down there even in the sim :lol:

Is it possible to use FSGRW for the weather and REX for the textures? I have been trying and trying to get this to work but I can only get either FSGRW with default clouds or REX with hazy but nice clouds. Thanks