Sign in to follow this  
4XOYK

Any tips for configuring SAITEK pedals?

Hi,

Im about to get my pedals this week and im wondering, how can i configure them the best way for FSX and NGX, AXE?

Just read the instructions on the little manual it comes with. Then toe brakes will work.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Love my Saitek pedals but no matter what I could never get the toe brakes to work. Applying them while taxing causes me to peel off left or right. Doesnt seem to matter what binding/axis I use.

Love my Saitek pedals but no matter what I could never get the toe brakes to work. Applying them while taxing causes me to peel off left or right. Doesnt seem to matter what binding/axis I use.

I think I used inverted control settings for the toe breaks. I'll check later and send you a PM on how I got them to work.

It took me a while to configure the pedals, hours of frustration but they are awesome! Great purchase!

I think I used inverted control settings for the toe breaks. I'll check later and send you a PM on how I got them to work.

It took me a while to configure the pedals, hours of frustration but they are awesome! Great purchase!

Can you also pm me with the instructions on how to configure them?

Love mine ... Use full version of FSUPIC and stay away from Saitek's software.

Enjoy your peddels

Sorry, one more PM please.

Much appreciated,

Regards,

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Pedals are easy. Buy yourself the registered version of FSUIPC. Clear out all the axis in FSX (it will assign all kinds of daft axis like ailerons and throttle - for pedals!) and then open up FSUIPC. Go to axis assignment and hit rescan. Then push your rudder pedal forward (the pedal, not the toe brakes!) and assign that axis as a direct FSUIPC function - 'rudder', from the drop down list. Then hit rescan and press gently the top left of the pedal, assign that the same way but as 'left toe brake. Do the same for the right pedal but assign as 'right toe brake'. Then go to the calibration tab and click forward through the options until you get to left and right brakes. Make sure 'rev' is ticked on both, as otherwise they will be on when the pedals are released instead of the other way round. Hit ok and you should be good to go!

Hours of frustation...? Here is how to get things done in a minute or two. (BTW Why PM instructions when you can post them on the forum for everyone to see...?!? :unsure: )

1. Don't install the Saitek software, just plug the pedals into your computer
2. Remove ALL (!) default assignements in the FSX Controls screen and ONLY assign the control axes for brake left axis, brake right axis and for the rudder.
3. Enable (tick) Reverse for both brakes.
4. Set the calibration to something close to this:

8723050997_d6100c1ba2_z.jpg

(Both brake axes sensitivity to 75-80%, null zones to zero, rudder axis sensisivity to 50-75%, null zone to 5%.)

That's it. Enjoy.

I have tried both ways so I ended up using FSUIPC. I also set my slope to +4 or +5 and it gives you a smoother response. Read that some where and it helped a ton. It will be a matter of choice and don't forget to make the adjustment in the middle of the pedals. It if you fly for real you can almost get the proper feeling in the pedals by playing around with the knob. I have the Pro Set and have loved them since the day they came in. Nuff said, plug and play have fun. Cpt out.

I have tried both ways so I ended up using FSUIPC. I also set my slope to +4 or +5 and it gives you a smoother response. Read that some where and it helped a ton. It will be a matter of choice and don't forget to make the adjustment in the middle of the pedals. It if you fly for real you can almost get the proper feeling in the pedals by playing around with the knob. I have the Pro Set and have loved them since the day they came in. Nuff said, plug and play have fun. Cpt out.

Thank you all

So you are suggesting to play with the knob to see and get a real feel of the pedals?