Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Driven by PASSION!

This is the word Robert Randazzo used, starting around '24, more than once, during his keynote at FANCON.

He was talking about the team behind LR, and how different it is to interact with someone who actually cares about your problems as a developer, or user.

This is Robert Randazzo and PMDG, but, even me, that picky / idiot guy in Portugal (where's that for a start?...) that keeps saying this and that ain't good in X-Plane10 (as I would probably think of me if I was Austin or Ben...), even this guy has never missed a reply to any of my emails sent to Austin. I sometimes wonder how he can manage his time and life beyond X-Plane10...

Well, Robert, whose words I just eared on the mp3 provided at AVSIM's Home page News, has stated in the best possible way what X-Plane users / prospective buyers wanted to ear, even if it was not already somehow obvious from the way X-Plane10 progresses, and even if I keep my critics regarding many aspects of the simulation. But!!!! the difference lies in the fact that - there is LIFE, and a rather dynamic one beyind the scene in LR / X-Plane's World!...

PMDG supporting X-Plane10, and being supported by LR in getting what they need to make their products available on that platform (of the future), and being actually working actively on those projects, is more than we wanted to know about right now. Not that we do not have already the top quality add-ons that LES, Carenado, Ramzzes, JRollon, Peter, and many others already make available for this platform, but for those of us still tied to that old / dead / stagnated platform by their products, it's good to know we will be able to have it, probably even better, in X-Plane10 and forthcoming versions!!!

Add, the many other 3pds already working hard on XP10 projects and you have all you need to feel In The Heavens :-)

I would really like to see A2A, RealAir, Milviz, etc... joining the team ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

PMDG and LR getting together is the best news we X-Plane users can hear. I am happy PMDG does not overlook the great potential X-Plane has for them AND that LR and Austin is giving their support for such a developer. This will bring us only the best.

I am sure many current FSX users will jump on board us soon as their "trusted and beloved" developer is there as well.

Now - what will PMDG bring to us at first?

I would really like to see A2A, RealAir, Milviz, etc... joining the team ;-)

+1000!

:Party:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :clapping:  :clapping: We have so many great scenery/aircraft devs on board......We just need REX or Active Sky on board to seal the deal for many.  Seasonal Textures are coming this fall/winter by another 3PD.

Wonder what Mr. Orbx thinks of Capt. Randazzo's remarks, in light of his own statement about X-Plane's future. PMDG is to aircraft as is Orbx to scenery. If that's not a wake-up call, then I don't know what is.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Can you imagine the graphics/systems on a PMDG 64bit aircraft in xp10 :Love:  :Shocked:  :shok:  :Drooling:

Wonder what Mr. Orbx thinks of Capt. Randazzo's remarks, in light of his own statement about X-Plane's future. PMDG is to aircraft as is Orbx to scenery. If that's not a wake-up call, then I don't know what is.

The World is in a constant change :-)  They'll (OrbX) have to adapt...

Having ActiveSky providing their excellent weather injector ti X-Plane10 would also be great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Sounds promising! :)

But.... I refuse to do another tubeliner flight in XP10 until the view distance problem is fixed. Everytime I get up to altitude I see the same blurry mess instead of the ground fading away as it should! Just awful. I do hope this is high on LR's list for 10.30.

Sounds promising! :)

But.... I refuse to do another tubeliner flight in XP10 until the view distance problem is fixed. Everytime I get up to altitude I see the same blurry mess instead of the ground fading away as it should! Just awful. I do hope this is high on LR's list for 10.30.

Ben Supnik did confirm the altitude fix for 10.30 but there is also a payware addon at simmarket that fixes the bug, I own it and it's great. :good:

http://secure.simmarket.com/taburet-xporbit-for-x-plane-10.phtml

Good comments J.C.! I think we all owe Mr. Randazzo a beer or two. The impact a developer of this stature can have on this platform is huge. Other developers will take notice and hopefully follow suit. If they don't, well, every one can be replaced.

I am sure many current FSX users will jump on board us soon as their "trusted and beloved" developer is there as well.

This is most of what I'm waiting for before I jump ship. I've thought about X-Plane.  Looked at it several times.  Especially after a CTD in FSX.  But, right now, I'm not sure I could live without the NGX.  So, once we see PMDG for X-Plane(and especially hopefully the NG), that will be the time when I finally say good bye to CTD/OOM's and FSX.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

This is most of what I'm waiting for before I jump ship. I've thought about X-Plane.  Looked at it several times.  Especially after a CTD in FSX.  But, right now, I'm not sure I could live without the NGX.  So, once we see PMDG for X-Plane(and especially hopefully the NG), that will be the time when I finally say good bye to CTD/OOM's and FSX.

No offence but there are better planes in xp10 right now that match or surpass PMDG, and more our coming.  For around $40-$80 you can fly and enjoy both sims :drinks:  I don't understand most of these comments:   "I will join if PMDG joins!"  "I will eat this if PMDG eats this!"  "I will buy this if PMDG buys this!" "I will wear this outfit if PMDG wears this!"  :lol:  :lol:   If PMDG goes bankrupt in a few years, will you stop Flight simming?  <_<

I think oRBX made a big mistake putting all their eggs in the P3D basket.   

But as somebody said earlier this is great news for X-plane

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

No offence but there are better planes in xp10 right now that match or surpass PMDG, and more our coming.  For around $40-$80 you can fly and enjoy both sims :drinks:  I don't understand most of these comments:   "I will join if PMDG joins!"  "I will eat this if PMDG eats this!"  "I will buy this if PMDG buys this!" "I will wear this outfit if PMDG wears this!"  :lol:  :lol:   If PMDG goes bankrupt in a few years, will you stop Flight simming?  <_<

Have to agree on most of this.

No offence but there are better planes in xp10 right now that match or surpass PMDG, and more our coming. For around $40-$80 you can fly and enjoy both sims :drinks: I don't understand most of these comments: "I will join if PMDG joins!" "I will eat this if PMDG eats this!" "I will buy this if PMDG buys this!" "I will wear this outfit if PMDG wears this!" :lol: :lol: If PMDG goes bankrupt in a few years, will you stop Flight simming? <_<

Sorry but I strongly disagree.. There is nothing out for X-plane airliners that come close to the system accuracy of the NGX or even earlier PMDG planes. The 777 and CRJ are not there. The IXEG plane I think will surpass current PMDG products but it's not out yet.

I know some people don't value that accuracy that much but that is why IXEG and PMDG take awhile to release a plane and companies like R+P can now already have a 757 out months after they released the 777. If I can't pull out a QRH and have the plane act properly when I try to handle a engine failure then I am not going to put the it in the category with IXEG, PMDG,majestic or FSlabs just because it looks like a 777 and it draws nice curved lines on the ND

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB