Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

EFB ON 200LR

Hello,

i was wondering, do most of the 200LR types have EFB onboard? i think it is more common in the 300ER.

any thoughts?

It's completely down to the customer. BA don't have them, even in the -300ER's. Emirates don't have them in every 777 either!

No EFB for Thai Airways 77W.

- FedEx Express 77L: Yes

- TNT Airways 77L: No

Air Canada Yes.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Hey,

thanks for the answers.

it could be nice if some others can throw their knowledge here and tell us if they know on other airlines.

cheers.

I guess I'm on a simism tirade this morning but I'll calm down a little bit...

Aircraft are just like cars, and if you have the NGX this should be very clear: different operators choose different equipment based on their own preferences and budget.  If an EFB is something they want, they pay for it and the aircraft has it.  If not, then it doesn't.

It's not the fact that it is a certain aircraft type or not (though, yes, certain aircraft do come with STCs to have them integrated into the panel, like the 777).

Even my Cessna has an EFB...

I'm still not understanding why everyone seems to be infatuated with the EFB.  Within the sim, the only thing of use that it could bring you is performance calculations, checklists (maybe...because they're on the EICAS anyway), and perhaps the logbook.  The rest of it is just impractical.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Randy R said in a recent announcement that he is looking to provide a fully functional EFB, though he said it will be tough because of the high costs he is being quoted by the licensors of the databases required.

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

We don't have EFB's at AA. Our Pilots use iPads, Maintenance uses Samsung Tab 2 10.1's & Flight Attendants use Samsung Galaxy Notes.

http://www.neowin.net/news/american-airlines-replaces-paper-flight-manuals-with-ipads

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

that's great info! thanks.

Hi Kyle,

Randy R said in a recent announcement that he is looking to provide a fully functional EFB, though he said it will be tough because of the high costs he is being quoted by the licensors of the databases required.

Cheers, R

That's some good news Richard, cheers.

True, he said that they'd like to.

(here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/402556-15mar13-let-the-previews-begin/?hl=efb)

Still, I feel like people are getting the impression that this is some hugely important part of the aircraft.  It has uses, but again, as I mentioned above, there are only a couple features with true use in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Delta has clipboards in place of the EFBs as well. It's an expensive option and a lot of airlines are just doing the whole iPad/tablet thing now anyway vs. a built in system.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com