Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

soundset is important

Hey guys,

Yesterday i couldn't hold it anymore and bought myself the majestic q400, it's outstanding addon!

the sounds are so great it's like you're in the real deal! i wish, i really do that the T7 will have an amazing set as well cause it adds so much!

cheers.

They will definetly do a great sound set. All PMDG sounds were recorded from actual airplanes, so expect the 777 to be with the same if not a better quality.

They will definetly do a great sound set. All PMDG sounds were recorded from actual airplanes, so expect the 777 to be with the same if not a better quality.

my understanding is that the soundset from PMDG have one problem:

the sounds are sterile, what is that mean? it means that every sound for himself sounds fantastic, but usually the sounds from the cockpit combind and make the sounds sound differerent. 

the only wish for the T7 and i saw on the majestic q400, they manage to silence the engine roar sound that you can hear at takeoff.

so i really do wish it would be possible with the T7 to make the engine sound more realistic at high altitudes.

cheerio.

The 737 sounds pretty much like the real thing to, so why wouldn't the 777?

I do agree that the MJC has awesome sound, but so does the NGX..

The NGX' engines are plain annoying! Definitely winner for ear fatigue. Not sayin that's PMDG's fault - I mean in the real world too. I sometimes get stunned on the rare occasion I do watch a 737, how perfect they have it! The GE's are a lot quiter than most think - hearing the startup in a 200 and 300 are different for pilots. The Air Con is pretty loud in the 777's flight deck too.

The NGX' engines are plain annoying! Definitely winner for ear fatigue.

757's equipped with RR engines are the absolute worse, on the ramp they will split your skull open without proper hearing protection while the GE's are whisper quiet. Even on startup the GE90's are quieter than an idling RB211.

757's equipped with RR engines are the absolute worse, on the ramp they will split your skull open without proper hearing protection while the GE's are whisper quiet. Even on startup the GE90's are quieter than an idling RB211.

Haha yeah. The GE's are extremely silent on an Idle descent! On my work experience airside at Heathrow back in 2010, they didn't plan me to go out on the stands one particular day and ended up nearly going death from a 747 starting up :mellow: I got to do the walk out on the A346 - however with those noise cancellation headphones, it was hard to tell how loud they actually were that close. 

Haha yeah. The GE's are extremely silent on an Idle descent! On my work experience airside at Heathrow back in 2010, they didn't plan me to go out on the stands one particular day and ended up nearly going death from a 747 starting up :mellow: I got to do the walk out on the A346 - however with those noise cancellation headphones, it was hard to tell how loud they actually were that close. 

Always wear hearing protection on the ramp, if the engines won't kill your hearing the APU's will and here we pretty much run them non stop due to the heat (PCA's are worthless unless you wan't to blow more hot air around). When I worked at American Eagle we took an initial hearing test upon hire and every year we had to re-take it when its time to renew the airport badge to see if hearing is getting worse, and if it is they said that there are programs to help lessen the effect (never really found out what those programs are). Plus a good head set keeps your ears warm during those 20*F winter days. 

Well if Ryan is doing the sound for the T7 which I do believe he is you guys won't have anything to worry about on that front.

Steve

Always wear hearing protection on the ramp, if the engines won't kill your hearing the APU's will and here we pretty much run them non stop due to the heat

This guy was the quietest surprisingly! Taken a few months before Nancy's engine blew..

Well if Ryan is doing the sound for the T7 which I do believe he is you guys won't have anything to worry about on that front.

Steve

Steve,

Actually, Ive been doing the sounds since the FSX 747-400.  Ryan has been helping on many different things over the years.  For the 777 he recorded a large majority of the cockpit sounds.

The 777 sounds are moving along nicely ..... we've managed to add some new features not seen in the NGX that add to the overall realism ....... stay tuned!!! :Whistle:

Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

This is great to hear Armen, "under promise over deliver" should be your motto PMDG people.

The NGX' engines are plain annoying!

NGX = PMDG

NG = Real world

...thus everyone's confusion.

Always wear hearing protection on the ramp, if the engines won't kill your hearing the APU's will and here we pretty much run them non stop due to the heat (PCA's are worthless unless you wan't to blow more hot air around).

If I could ever imagine a noise that would come from the Devil whistling, I would imagine that it's very similar to the APU from an ERJ.  If I have any hearing loss, despite my many years of loving music a little too much, I would imagine that it's because of ERJs.

Kyle Rodgers

NGX = PMDG

NG = Real world

Ha yeah, bad habit  :P

The 777 sounds are moving along nicely ..... we've managed to add some new features not seen in the NGX that add to the overall realism ....... stay tuned!!! :Whistle:

Just a little excited to hear them....  ^_^

This guy was the quietest surprisingly!

Yea just one of the many reasons passengers fell head over heals regarding the A380.

If I could ever imagine a noise that would come from the Devil whistling, I would imagine that it's very similar to the APU from an ERJ. If I have any hearing loss, despite my many years of loving music a little too much, I would imagine that it's because of ERJs.

ERJ's weren't too bad if you wore your headsets even when you gotta walk under the exhaust port to pick up the rear safety cone prior to pushback, MQ provided really good headsets.