Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

AI Aircraft SID and STAR Controller

I chose the non-US samples based on user requests I received while I was developing the early versions.  My decision as to which regions to leave out were not based on any other judgments.  My apologies for leaving out South America.

No need to apologlize, keep up your good work. I will try to generate SA SID/STARS now.

Thank you for your answers!

Firstly just found this Program, wow looks good, been running it on a network PC. Been running for about 60mins; it has just given these error:

AISISTAR has encounted an error, please note the following error information

EXCEPTION =3 SendID =23919 Index =1cbData=24

Same error except the SendID are 23920 23921 23922 23923

Then it get back to normal reporting

Keep up this great work

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Firstly just found this Program, wow looks good, been running it on a network PC. Been running for about 60mins; it has just given these error:

AISISTAR has encounted an error, please note the following error information

EXCEPTION =3 SendID =23919 Index =1cbData=24

Same error except the SendID are 23920 23921 23922 23923

Then it get back to normal reporting

Keep up this great work

Clive

Thanks!  You should be OK.  The error is a Simconnect unrecognized ID.  What I think is happening is AISIDSTAR is always slightly behind FSX due to the (purposely undemanding) 4 sec. sampling period I use.  Every now and then FSX deletes AI (for various reasons) that my program a few seconds later tries to reference using an ID number, which causes the unrecognized ID.  My program eventually deletes the inactive AI tracking data (not the AI !), so the error never really seems to affect anything.    

I might disable this error report because I'm not willing to reduce the sampling period just to reduce instances of this error.  BTW there are other errors I test for that will actually stop my program (but not FSX)!

-Roland 

Roland

I've just had a chance to try out version K and the new AIConv.exe that will interpret NavDataPro files. So far so good, it seems to be reading the files no problem  :yahoo: ! Thanks and keep up the good work  :good:

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Thanks Roland

Been running it again this afternoon, no problems at all.

I've been monitoring the AI via AivlaSoft EFB very good. I like the way they are vectored around.

I've also converted the PMDG SID/STARS and have added extra airports, so all good this end.

I think someone else has mentioned about a GUI, which would  be nice as well as the CMD scrolling list.

I can also confirm that my conversion was from NavDataPro. worked no problems

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks for this, great. I just tested. thanks a lot.

111.jpg

EDIT:

Hm, it seems program used wrong STAR.  (VBA2B is correct, but is not good choice).

Ivo Crni

I cannot get AIConv.exe to stop crashing at the point in the picture below. I have followed the steps in post #60 and the manual. Any suggestions? I am using the K version and Aerosoft's NavDataPro.

kLh28sE.jpg?1

Anthony Cacciatore

To the Dev or anybody who know's the ins and outs of this software pretty well, is there any chance that somebody could put together a step by step tutorial for "Dummies" on how to add an airport?

Thanks,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I cannot get AIConv.exe to stop crashing at the point in the picture below. I have followed the steps in post #60 and the manual. Any suggestions? I am using the K version and Aerosoft's NavDataPro.

kLh28sE.jpg?1

FIXED! I didn't realize you need to copy the airports.dat from the AISIDSTARS file and not the one in the PMDG folder. 

Anthony Cacciatore

Hey Roland!

Great program! Thank you so much for your efforts.

Unfortunately AISIDSTARS.exe keeps crashing when used in Germany. It happens almost every time in EDDS and EDDF (haven't tried the other airports yet) and I noticed that when I disable the SIDs with (//) it doesn't crash anymore. I converted the latest PMDG cycle and used it as well as the SIDs and STARs provided in the K version. It crashes with both data sets.

Any ideas?

Best

Nizar

Hey Roland!

Great program! Thank you so much for your efforts.

Unfortunately AISIDSTARS.exe keeps crashing when used in Germany. It happens almost every time in EDDS and EDDF (haven't tried the other airports yet) and I noticed that when I disable the SIDs with (//) it doesn't crash anymore. I converted the latest PMDG cycle and used it as well as the SIDs and STARs provided in the K version. It crashes with both data sets.

Any ideas?

Best

Nizar

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll take a look at it and report back....

-Roland

To the Dev or anybody who know's the ins and outs of this software pretty well, is there any chance that somebody could put together a step by step tutorial for "Dummies" on how to add an airport?

Thanks,

Sure, here's a link to a video showing how to add the additional, sample airports and new airports.  Thanks for the suggestion and it is a good idea.  I was reading a thread about the program on another website and the posters did not seem to be aware of the additional, sample airports or the ability to quickly add SID/STAR files for new airports using AIConv.exe.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/mj3hgm33w24thcv/AISIDSTAR_Video_1_Sample_SID_STAR_Files_and_Creating_New_Ones_Using_AIConv.mp4

Hi Roland

I can also confirm that the program'crashes' whilst in Germany. I'm sat at EDDF. It will start and connect to FSX then 'crashes'

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Not sure if this will help

AppName: aisidstar.exe

AppVer: 0.0.0.0

ModName: msvcr100.dll

ModVer: 10.0.40219.325

offset: 00001fd4

This is on a networked XP machine

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Crashes in Portugal also, with msvcr100.dll on the same machine FSX is running. I have that dll in my Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White