Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Corrupt scenery around plane

Hi all,

I'm flying atm and have corrupt scenery which follows me as I fly. The ground is all fuzzy and black. Outside my route its OK.

8853752900_fbd6b66882_c.jpg
Untitled by GodAtum, on Flickr

I would disable all the addon scenery in your Scenery Library then reenable them 3-4 at a time until you find the scenery that is causing the problem.  Once found, uninstall/reinstall.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm not sure whether this will help, but if you're using UTX, you could try running the configuration tool. It doesn't really look like the usual issue that can be fixed by that, though.

I would disable all the addon scenery in your Scenery Library then reenable them 3-4 at a time until you find the scenery that is causing the problem.  Once found, uninstall/reinstall.

Best regards,

Jim

Unfotunately that hasnt worked. here is my scenery.cfg from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

http://sdrv.ms/13cl3zt

Your scenery config is corrupted.  I doubt it will fix this problem but your scenery.cfg is corrupt.  The [Area.xxx] should match the Layer.  For instance [Area.166] the Layer=166 and not 128.  One solution is to download and install Scenery Config Editor 1.1 which looks for errors and tells you where they are if found.  It can also fix Areas/Layers.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Your scenery config is corrupted.  I doubt it will fix this problem but your scenery.cfg is corrupt.  The [Area.xxx] should match the Layer.  For instance [Area.166] the Layer=166 and not 128.  One solution is to download and install Scenery Config Editor 1.1 which looks for errors and tells you where they are if found.  It can also fix Areas/Layers.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi the Scenery Config Editor says there are no errors?

Okay.  Did you click on Actions and click on Reset Area and Layer numbers? 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Okay.  Did you click on Actions and click on Reset Area and Layer numbers? 

Best regards,

Jim

Ah thanks! That fixed the numbers but not the original issue unfortunately.

The [Area.xxx] should match the Layer. For instance [Area.166] the Layer=166 and not 128.

That's not correct. The Area entry is added sequentially when something is placed into the Scenery Library. The Layer entry is for when something is moved around in the Scenery Library and gives priority to that entry.

If it were a requirement that those two identifiers match, I'm pretty sure Microsoft would have hard-coded that into the game.

Back to the visual issues, does the OP happen to have an add on, regional package for England. You know, the one that messes with the rest of Europe?

But Scenery Config Editor says that Scenery\1107, Scenery\1106 etc is "title is non-unique".

Suspect that means you have two titles with the same name?

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

That's not correct. The Area entry is added sequentially when something is placed into the Scenery Library. The Layer entry is for when something is moved around in the Scenery Library and gives priority to that entry.

Thanks Meshman.  You are the expert in this area and I'm not.  I know this was a requirement in FS9.  I was just looking at Microsoft's description of the scenery.cfg file and they state the Layer is "typically" equal to the Area.nnn -http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526966.aspx .  I know it will not cause a scenery program or a problem with FSX if they are not equal; however, I like to keep things tidied up a bit.  It seems to me that if a layer is duplicated (and I have seen this), there will be some problems encountered somewhere in FSX or in the terrain.cfg.  Thanks for your help for the OP!

Best regards,

Jim

Edited by firehawk44
added link to msdn

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you both for your help its greatly appriciated :). Apperently the scenery titles where missing so ive added them!

The [Area.xxx] should match the Layer. For instance [Area.166] the Layer=166 and not 128.

No, this is wrong.

The area is just a unique number for each scenery layer, with no function. It only indicates when that scenery was added (larger means later).

The layer number, is the position in the scenery library, 1 is the lowest, the larger one is the highest.

So they do not have to match - in fact, they rarely do, as their function is completely irrelevant from each-other.

So they do not have to match - in fact, they rarely do, as their function is completely irrelevant from each-other.

I hope you were able to read Post #12.  I think Microsoft refutes your assumption.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM