Sign in to follow this  
fryerlawrence

! Re: MSF Repaint Help and Tips !

:help:  I know it has been some time since the above topic has been talked about and I was the last one to comment.  However, I did post a new question if anyone would please like to help?

Screenshot with a big yellow arrow would be helpful to me...lol

Tanks,

-fryer

I saw your request, but don't have that airplane. Maybe Jean-Marie does.

And, you can just try coloring unknown areas on the texture (for example, pink! :lol:  ) and see how it looks in game.

Best regards.

Luis

And, you can just try coloring unknown areas on the texture (for example, pink! :lol: ) and see how it looks in game.

Best regards.
Luis

:blink: Uhhh ummmmmmm.... :blink: no on the pink...lol

Have been doing what you said before I made the request... been using neon green... but for the life of me I cantz find it.

Maybe I needz one of these BlindwSeeingEyeDog_zpsf9a641b7.gif

Luis... you gots ta get a "Flying Coffin" as they used ta call it. It is a "real" challenge to fly it and kinda fun... plus you can haul pretty decent loads.

It is possible it is in a different texture that is shared by other liveries.  By default the tool does not override\export those textures.  If that is the case you will need to recreate the livery and include the other texture on the asset select screen.

1.) It is possible it is in a different texture that is shared by other liveries.

2.) By default the tool does not override\export those textures.

a.) If that is the case you will need to recreate the livery and include the other texture on the asset 

select screen.

Hey stonelance...

1.) When I found it the first time it was included in this livery.  I have not opened up any other liveries when I was working with the C-46 the first time.  So I "know" it's there...lol

2. Here are the textures that are included when I open them up in Gimp 2.8:

C-46_1_AR.psd

C-46_1_FB.psd

C-46_1_S.psd

C-46_2_AR.psd

C-46_2_FB.psd

C-46_3_AR.psd

C-46_3_FB.psd

C-46_3_S.psd

C-46_Exterior_Transparencey_A.psd

C-46_Exterior_Transparencey_S.psd

C-46_Prop_Sides_A.psd

Also, I have a question of colors and layers...  Q: Before I made "many" rookie mistakes and through which one of them I do not know, I was able to get the Everts color "white as a freshly laundered sheet" which is what I want. (this is in the C-46_1_AR.psd layer)  However, I just colored over what is there this time as a "time saving" tool.  But I am noticing that it's not as white as I had it the last time.  Is there something that need to do e.g. erase everything?  I am assuming that I just added my "white" layer over the other original layer that was there? :pardon:

Welllll go figure....lol

Instead of using a "color" per-say I used the erase tool on the first part I thought would be the nose cone part that I was looking for....and there it was... it was right here alllll the time. :Doh:  :p0816:

C-46Nosecone_zpsc3d483cb.jpg

I believe that I answered my other question as well.  When you use the erase tool it is the same thing as using the color white as far as I can tell... who woulda thunk it?

Thanks guys for your help... It is always appreciated.

-fryer

Normally, there are 2 default colors set up in an image editing program: the foreground color and the background color.

The foreground color is what is painted with any of the paint tools.

The background color is what is left when you erase something (or flatten transparencies.)

If you look at the tool palette, you will see those 2 colors right under all the tools. They have a double-sided arrow that you can use to switch foreground to background color, and vice versa (or just hit the "X" key.)

The foreground and background colors can be any that you want. They are black and white by default, but if you want to change them, click on them to bring up the color picker.

Best regards.

Luis