Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Is anyone close to cracking this thing open?

New paint and music... I'm wondering if anyone is attempting to add some scenery or planes yet.

anyone..anyone..ferris?

I fiddle with a bunch of things, but most of them are for fun at this point.  Not sure how much will actually make it to final products.  My progress so far includes:

- Adding DEM (it is the same format as FSX)

- Basic conversion of FSX MDLs to Flight Models

- Basic conversion of FSX MDL material and textures

- Converting FSX OBX placements to Flight OBX placements

- Changing the map to show the whole world (but everything other than Hawaii and Alaska show up as water since there is no art for it)

I'm currently working on converting FSX aircraft to Flight.  So far I have a large portion of the model and animations converted, and some of the physics, but I still have a long way to go.

Cool, hope to see something like that. Haven't made any repaints lately, been busy. I take it that if a addon has the correct formats and a ID, then stuck in the DLC folder it works.

I'm currently working on converting FSX aircraft to Flight. So far I have a large portion of the model and animations converted, and some of the physics, but I still have a long way to go.

This is great to hear.  There would be a bunch of happy SIM pilots out there if you could pull this off!  Thanks so much for your efforts.

Same here. Thank you for your efforts. Especially to convert FSX aircraft to Flight. If you pull this off I will very gladly purchase aircraft from you. If you place an autopilot that functions in any aircraft I will be so grateful I will give you hundreds. If you pull it off for a C172 I would give you more than that. I'm Frieakin serious! I spent over $8000 getting my setup the way I want it and don't mind spending more to put your efforts on the crowning top.

I (and all of us) am so grateful to have a guy like you trying to help Flight fans get the most of it.

Moe 

I fiddle with a bunch of things, but most of them are for fun at this point.  Not sure how much will actually make it to final products.  My progress so far includes:

- Adding DEM (it is the same format as FSX)

- Basic conversion of FSX MDLs to Flight Models

- Basic conversion of FSX MDL material and textures

- Converting FSX OBX placements to Flight OBX placements

- Changing the map to show the whole world (but everything other than Hawaii and Alaska show up as water since there is no art for it)

I'm currently working on converting FSX aircraft to Flight.  So far I have a large portion of the model and animations converted, and some of the physics, but I still have a long way to go.

AWESOME!

I knew somebody had to be working on it.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for any thing you can do stonelance.

The FSX default planes would be a great place to start.

And maybe without the rigged brakes on the 747?

Awesome-sauce!! :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't think it will be possible to convert any jets, and\or turbo props since Flight doesn't have any code to simulate those.

Glad to see your trying with the bug smashers though. Just a question. Do you think you will be able to or looking at getting autopilot to work? Perhaps with the Saitek multi panel if the lack of auto pilot controls are in the cockpit. Also as a Cessna fan I am wondering if your efforts are on the 172? I have $ to reward your efforts. Like to see you be rewarded. Need a beta tester?

Thanks again

Moe

I don't think it will be possible to convert any jets, and\or turbo props since Flight doesn't have any code to simulate those.

Dang!

There goes my Turbo Otter.

But I'm sure that whatever you are able to bring over will be wildly appreciated!

The thing is, knowing something can be done is half the battle.

Dang!

There goes my Turbo Otter.

But I'm sure that whatever you are able to bring over will be wildly appreciated!

The thing is, knowing something can be done is half the battle. Perhaps once the first cracks in the wall are made, the path can be opened to other possibilities....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5