Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Is anyone close to cracking this thing open?

I don't really know how autopilot works, so I'm not sure.  I do believe that it may be possible to override the player's controls to program an autopilot, but I haven't tried.

Just to know that someone (you :)) is working to put some more pistons in MSF is a smile on my face !

Stonelance my hats off to you. Your making this sim better for all of us.

Moe

Stonelance my hats off to you. Your making this sim better for all of us.

Moe

Seconded

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I will third that as well!

Steve

I will third that as well!

Steve

number four and very thankful

Ditto on the appreciation for the addon efforts.  And I echo the sentiment about paying for addons.  Besides recognizing the value of creators' time it may be an incentive for more people to work on new stuff, which benefits all of us.

I've spent thousands of dollars on FSX, X-Plane, RC flight sims, computers and related equipment.  I got deep into tweaking, painting, exploring, etc. and after all of that I've learned that I'm really just a casual flight simmer.  I don't have enough free time to get serious about it, but I want to have a realistic experience.  I got MS Flight when it first launched and have since come full circle back to it.  It's a perfect mix of simplicity and sophistication.  And I can fly using my XPS 12 notebook using an Xbox gamepad, so it is very portable.

I'm loving the tool kit and repaints.  MS Flight isn't open architecture like FSX, but I suspect that if someone figures out how to add aircraft and how to utilize program variables we will see a lot of creative people doing projects to keep things interesting.

Over at SOH, looks like someone is developing a SeaBee for MS Flight.

That would be really great! Count me in. We need a capable water bird.

Over at SOH, looks like someone is developing a SeaBee for MS Flight.

Very interesting on a number of levels......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It was posted in Sim-Outhouse by a user named Gibbage.  The thread title is 'Something new in the air."

Looking at his screenshots it appears that he has modeled an entirely new aircraft and it is included in the aircraft thumbnails at the bottom of his MS Flight aircraft selection screen.  His Seabee looks great, but if he's figured out how to add aircraft then that may be even bigger news because it could open the door for other modelers and perhaps for conversions from other sims.

He hasn't received encouraging responses, so if this is something that we want to see happen I suggest responding to give him some love.  I discovered that I need to be upgraded to Member+ at SOH to reply in the forum, so I sent him a private response while I'm waiting for updated privileges.

It was posted in Sim-Outhouse by a user named Gibbage.  The thread title is 'Something new in the air."

Gibbage? That name sounds familiar. Some might say he's an "Icon" of MS Flight... :rolleyes:

And some checking would find a Seabee product that was released for FSX.

It was posted in Sim-Outhouse by a user named Gibbage. The thread title is 'Something new in the air."

Looking at his screenshots it appears that he has modeled an entirely new aircraft and it is included in the aircraft thumbnails at the bottom of his MS Flight aircraft selection screen. His Seabee looks great, but if he's figured out how to add aircraft then that may be even bigger news because it could open the door for other modelers and perhaps for conversions from other sims.

He hasn't received encouraging responses, so if this is something that we want to see happen I suggest responding to give him some love. I discovered that I need to be upgraded to Member+ at SOH to reply in the forum, so I sent him a private response while I'm waiting for updated privileges.

Yeah. I noted the responses. I think it would have received a much more enthusiastic reception here. I also note the plane is listed as a "Deluxe" even though the windows appear opaque right now. Given the developer, I think we can anticipate a plane with a full, working cockpit. ( if he can get it to work )

Devons rig

Just wanted to pop in and say YES, stonelance and I ARE working on porting FSX aircraft into Flight.  There WILL be limitations due to a large amount of technology changing between FSX and Flight, but simple aircraft should be possible. 

Stone is doing the vast amount of work on this project, with moral and art support from me.  Right now, we are running up against a flight modeling wall and would like to talk to someone who knows FSX's flight model well to help us out on the project.  Here are the screenshots.

974083_10152815801525006_1189557982_n.jp

972910_10152815809290006_1468017402_n.jp

Its still early, but it shows that stone has made some great progress! 

Here is the BIG news.  I will be giving away the Seabee for FREE!  I spent a lot of time working on Flight, and sad that it didn't really reach its full potential, and this is my gift to those who still fly.  Hopefully we can get more 3rd party work into Flight.

Hopefully we can work our way around the current roadblocks, but this is in no way an easy project. 

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer