Sign in to follow this  
cwbspotter

"NO DES PATH" I set CRL and crashes...

Hello. Some times I got this problem, I see on my FMC "NO DES PATCH AFTER...." and I click in CRL to cancel this menssage. But if this menssage turn apear again, again and again.... and I cancel 2-5 times, my FSX just stop runing. Nowadays if I see this menssage I don't cancel anymore because I'm afraid crashes on my simulator... Anyone have this problem?

Thanks

Hello. Some times I got this problem, I see on my FMC "NO DES PATCH AFTER...." and I click in CRL to cancel this menssage. But if this menssage turn apear again, again and again.... and I cancel 2-5 times, my FSX just stop runing. Nowadays if I see this menssage I don't cancel anymore because I'm afraid crashes on my simulator... Anyone have this problem?

Thanks

See this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409477-a-bit-of-confusion-on-the-fmc-and-vnavlnav/page-1 starting with post number 18. While it doesn't address your specific problem, maybe it will help you never receive the message.

Michael Cubine

Anyone have this problem?

I don't have this problem, but my ideas are as follows:

1. You're not running FSX as an administrator - run FSX as an admin.  Right click and select Run as Admin...

12831d1243933304-run-administrator-conte

2. You don't have admin rights to your FSX directory.  To give yourself these rights, do the following:

To do this, navigate to the Microsoft Games folder on your drive and:
Right click on the Flight Simulator X folder:
Select Properties
Select the Security tab at the top
Click on the Users account in the Group box
In the Permissions box, check the box Full Control
Click OK

This grants you (a User - Tron reference?) and the programs you use in that folder admin rights to the folder. Essentially, what is happening is the computer is writing the changes (your key assignments) to a 'ghost' (Compatibility Files) folder, which the PMDG Options panel ignores the next time you run it. Using admin rights writes those changes to the actual file, not a file in a 'ghost' folder. As a quick note, if you have problems with any other program (especially when it comes to settings not saving, etc), you should grant admin rights to the program's location first before trying other things. UAC has its place in Windows, but it ends up being a bear if you don't know how to keep it in check.

3. You do not have the UIAutomationCore.dll fix (normally only fixes right-click issues, but you never know)...

Fix steps here.

Just for reference, it's CLR (for CLeaR) not CRL.  Not trying to make fun of you.  I'm just pointing it out because if you're searching Google or the forums for the wrong term, you're not going to find anything useful.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Michael,

I saw this post #18, but my chart and FMC have the same information about speed and altitude restrictions. I'm going to check this 100% on my next fly, and I will try to take a picture for show.

Thanks.

-----------

Edit:

Helllo scandinavian,

I'm running as admin. The number 2 I need to check! And number 3 I have. About the CRL, sorry, my bad! =p

Thank you too!!

I saw this post #18, but my chart and FMC have the same information about speed and altitude restrictions. I'm going to check this 100% on my next fly, and I will try to take a picture for show.

No need for the picture (surprise, right?) - what's the airport and STAR you're flying?

Kyle Rodgers

The fix "with problem" is TORK. This fix have speed and altitude restriction.

What's happening is this wonderful issue that we often run into as pilots:

You can't often slow down and go down, so it's throwing that message up because it needs to descend and slow down by 60 knots all within 12.6nm.  Usually, in order to slow down, it likes to cut back on the vertical speed and slow down first, and then descend again.  So, it's assuming that right at TORK, it will hold its descent temporarily as it slows to 190 knots, and then it will start descending again, but it calculates that it will not be able to do this and still meet the next speed restrictions.

I take back my earlier comment on the picture bit...

Does the FMC show 250/ or 250B/ as the speed restriction at TORK?  If it only shows 250/, the FMC thinks it must be at 250 knots at TORK.  If it shows 250B/ that means it's a max of 250, but it can also use lower.  This would give the FMC the option to pull the speed back prior to that point to assist in hitting 190 (or below) at DIRK.

Let me know if any of the fixes I mentioned in my earlier post work.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I will need to see on my simulator for give to you a 100% answer. I think the FMC show 250. Let me check.

----

In advance, my permissions isn't full. Im passing to full now and waiting the windows security scanning my files in FSX folder to starting my simulator. But during this process I recive an error: C:hiberfil.sys - The process cannot acces the file because it is being used by another process. I clicked in continue....

-----

Edit:

Now I'm have 2 menssages on my FMC. The first said unable 250 at TORK. And the second menssage, NO DES.. AFTER BALL. And the speed on fmc set 250! BALL in fmc set .../FL200A and TORK 250/ 9000 11000.

But this time I cancel the menssages 3 times and don't have crash. I will need test this many times to know if the problem is done with the full control in the permissions...