Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Igor Suprunovs Yak-40 now freeware?

Hi to all,

at the Russian avsim I found this:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/yak-40-ex-sd-version-2-2-2-for-fs9-50079.html

Sounds like somebody has declared Igor Suprunovs (R.I.P.) Yak-40 as freeware now. Furthermore, the model uploaded there seems to have some modifications.

Now I ask if there are pirates at work or has this happened legally?

There is a discussion about the author's rights on the site but frankly spoken, my Russian is not sufficient to understand it. Seems that the question is evaded there...

Does anybody know more?

Thanks and regards

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes, it's totaly legal. Some updates are implemented to fix issues with separate engine controls and Win7/8 32/64 compatibility. Even more, current developer working on FSX version of "SD" Yak-40.

Information source: one of russian AVSIM community's admins.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I took a look, and it appears to be a real "Systems Oriented" model.

The 2D panel and myriad popup views reminds me of Captain Sim.

VC is pretty convincing

Yak40stitchComposite.jpg[/url]

However, it is 100% not the kind of plane I would use regularly.

And it periodically hangs up the sim, a product I suspect of all those amazing XML gauges, which even speak Russian to you...  

The SD Yak-40 is freeware now?!

I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago from fspilot shop! 

I've been meaning to get it for years now. I saw it disappear from simmarket and was afraid that with Igor Suprinov's passing it might disappear altogether from the FS scene. Wanted to get it before that happened as its a wonderful aircraft, exceptionally simulated - One of the FS9 gems.

Its good to know that it won't be forgotten and that someone's working to make it even better. I hope its all legal and hasn't been stolen, I couldn't find any conclusive information about that.

Looks like there's no manual or anything in the way of instructions included with the uploaded file over there, so I guess my purchase was worth it just for getting that and in all honesty I should have gotten this aircraft ages ago, its right up my alley - love the real Yak-40 and have very fond memories of it.

In the end I'm not sorry for having spent money on it, even if it may turn out that's its freeware now.

Thanks for your answers!

It could be 100% the plane I like - and by the way, I need some exercises in Russian for my holidays - but somehow the upload of a former payware model is still suspicious to me...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I take it this model will not work in FSX at this point. 

Correct.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hello, Yak-40 for FSX in progress. But alpha version already in public access. You may try stock version from http://yak40.except.pw/files/y40x_alpha2_full.zip, documentation http://yak40.except.pw/files/Flight Manual.pdf Also you may try version based on my version yak40 for FSX from community http://yak40.except.pw/files/MFSX-Yak-40_3-2.rar (not tested by me) And sorry if my english bad. This is not my native language. New version for FSX will be soon.