Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Questions about Airbus Extended?

I want to try Airbus Extended but I have some doubts. I am not much into Airbus mostly but I want to give it a try cause I mostly do short hauls.

1. Is there any FPS issue and how is it compared to NGX?

2. Is there any addon to generate flight plans like FlightSim Commander?

Guest JustanotherPilot

My experiences are

1. Airbus X Extended frames rates are lower and causes more system crashes on my system than NGX.

2. Freeware flightplan ConvAXE converts routefinder generated plans to Airbus X format (links available this forum)

1) FPS isn't really an issue for me, if you are comparing it to the ngx, it is about the same in my opinion.

2) If you mean is there a way to input flight plans so you don't have to enter them in automatically, I don't know.

I'll comment on this!

1) FPS are lower out of the box. I would get 25 in the NGX and only 20 in AXE. There is a configurator however, and using that I turned off the logging, which runs in the background, and that got my FPS to be locked at 30, a huge improvement over what I originally had. The aircraft runs much smoother than the NGX did, this is on my low-end system however.

2) There is a CO ROUTE manager available from Aerosoft, that I believe you can create Flight Plans with, but I'm not 100% on that.

So all in all, it's a great aircraft. With the checklists, it makes it much easier to use. It's a fun plane to fly, and building the flight plans is also a joy.

I get better fps with the Airbus and fewer system crashes. In fact, the NGX crashes the most of all my addons.

Well I was skeptical after I bought it I uninstalled it - big mistake after a few glitches with getting controls to work properly I now luv this product checklist portion is amazing so glad I gave it a second chance fps are fine and you can import a flight plan as of now its all I fly in.

Rich Sennett

Its pretty good on frames - interested to know how you turn the logging off @@jetsflier?

The VC is nicely modelled - not up there with the NGX or the Q400 but it's perfectly decent. Sounds are good, systems are modelled for 'PF' so the opposite PFD displays whatever you're looking at on the Captain's side. Displays don't undock which is my biggest gripe, along with no 'hockey stick' which is the arrow that tells you where you will level off given a particular ROD or climb, like the green banana you get in the NGX. Now models full 'managed' descents.

A doddle to hand fly as Airbus SOP is to leave the speed managed when AP off. Set it up on the ILS, point it at the runway and you can just leave it there, very satisfying.

Can quickly load states so dead quick to set up at the gate and now full STARS/SID integration. Checklists and virtual FO capability but the German accents are a bit sharp for me. Thankfully replacement sets now available. GPWS sounds are amateurish, as is the default pushback voice - both easily replaced. Ground behaviour nice and smooth, plenty of working animations on the VC, opening windows (with wind noise!), folding jumpseat, cockpit door video monitor a nice touch etc.

Loads of liveries, A320/21, Neo modelled currently, A318/19 on the way with new features and A330 next year. Worth a place in anyone's hangar for the price, certainly.

Its pretty good on frames - interested to know how you turn the logging of

In the AXE Configurator. Should be a icon on your desktop.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks chap. I'll have a look.

No problem. Any issues with it, let me know. Also, I turned off the web server, as it too uses resources ( if you don't use it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Its pretty good on frames - interested to know how you turn the logging off @@jetsflier?

The VC is nicely modelled - not up there with the NGX or the Q400 but it's perfectly decent. Sounds are good, systems are modelled for 'PF' so the opposite PFD displays whatever you're looking at on the Captain's side. Displays don't undock which is my biggest gripe, along with no 'hockey stick' which is the arrow that tells you where you will level off given a particular ROD or climb, like the green banana you get in the NGX. Now models full 'managed' descents.

A doddle to hand fly as Airbus SOP is to leave the speed managed when AP off. Set it up on the ILS, point it at the runway and you can just leave it there, very satisfying.

Can quickly load states so dead quick to set up at the gate and now full STARS/SID integration. Checklists and virtual FO capability but the German accents are a bit sharp for me. Thankfully replacement sets now available. GPWS sounds are amateurish, as is the default pushback voice - both easily replaced. Ground behaviour nice and smooth, plenty of working animations on the VC, opening windows (with wind noise!), folding jumpseat, cockpit door video monitor a nice touch etc.

Loads of liveries, A320/21, Neo modelled currently, A318/19 on the way with new features and A330 next year. Worth a place in anyone's hangar for the price, certainly.

In the AXE Configurator. Should be a icon on your desktop.

In my case it was not an icon on the desktop, so I will tell you how to get there the long way!

1. Go to C:\...\Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Airbus X Extended

2. Scroll until you see the Aerosoft.AirbusX.Configurator.

3. Open the .exe

4. Look for "Logging."

5. Uncheck whatever you'd like [i unchecked all]

6. Expect a great FPS increase!

For a little bit more FPS Savings follow these instructions:

3. Open the .exe

4. Look for "MCDU"

5. Uncheck all options available, unless of course you utilize said features.

And finally, for the last bit of FPS savings!

3. Open the .exe

4. Look for "ND."

5. Change the Maximums of Airports, NDBs, VORs, and Waypoints, to whatever you are comfortable with, this may involve experimentation until you find a comfortable blend between performance and maximums on the ND. I set mine to 75 on all.

With this, I was able to not only get locked at 30 FPS, but I was able to reinstall and USE my WOAI and still have it locked at 30, without WOAI it was able to hit in the 40s, a very useful guide!

I have the Airbus Extended and I love it... its now my current go to aircraft.. Particulalry the Pan Am livery

But I had to uninstall its recent major upgrade. So I have their Air bus extended software that was released initially. I have some issues with my PC ..I am not exactly sure if it was due to the new Airbus extended upgrade or the FSUIPC update that we were scared to install (the e-mail that the world is going fall apart if we don't upgrade the new FSUIPC). So I uninstalled them both and am having a good time.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

after being called a retard three times!

:LMAO: