Sign in to follow this  
Rc35

Programing reverse thrust with fsuipc

Hi everybody

I have a throotle from jetmax that i purchase and im trying to program the revers trust using the fsuipc but so far its just a dream not  looking to happen because i cant figure it out.

I programed going to Options-settings-controls and buttons&keys but i want to see if i can get it to work using fsuipc instead.

Anybody knows how?

Thanks

Ricky

You should be able to program them within the "Axis" selection tab of FSUIPC, if your throttle is actually using an axis on the reverser levers.  I have the G737 from Throttletek, and it uses a button that is actuated by one of the reverse levers, so I go into "Buttons and Keys" within FSUIPC and program the button to F2 key, then check the box for "Repeat while held", then go down one more and select F3 when the button is released, to bring the thrust back to idle.  It works consistently well for every jet with reversers. 

Although I don't do it any more, I have also programmed the axis of two of the levers of my CH throttle quadrant to work the reversers by going into "Axis" within FSUIPC and choosing the Reverser axis (you do not have to select the box that reverses the lever movement for it to work correctly). I believe some aircraft sims do not allow an axis movement for the reverser levers, so I have found this to not be as consistent in working good, as programming my reversers to the "F2" key, which every sim uses. 

I almost purchased the JetMax instead of the G737 but the price was a little steep for me to justify at the time.  I believe, without the motorized levers, it is about twice as much as the G737.

How are you liking the JetMax?  It looks very well made. 

I like the G737 ok, but it is not as robust as the JetMax.

Hi,

On my side, I have a PFC throttle with two thrust levers and two reverse levers. I have configured them all through fsuipc:

_ Axis assignement > Send direct to fsuipc calibration (on the left) > chose "reverser" for each

Then go to the "Joystick calibration" tab and go to the 11/11 window to calibrate the reverse levers separatly.

However, for this to work on my system, I had also to program the thrust levers the same way except that in the calibration tab, I just selected them without touching the calibration (if I try to set idle/max... it doesn't work).

That way, I can use the throttle for a bi-jet or a quadri-jet when setting the option '1>1,2 ; 2>3,4' in the calibration window.

Don't know if it works the same way for the Jetmax though.

Hope it may help.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

How are you liking the JetMax?  It looks very well made. 

I like the G737 ok, but it is not as robust as the JetMax.

I really like it,its really well done,its like the real thing.

I cant seem to get the 4 trust reverser to work,i can only get the one reverser on engine 1.

Did you guys made it to work on all of the engines?

When i try to programmed on fsuipc-Axis when i pull my reverser nothing happen so i have to get it done where it says Buttons Switches.

I really like it,its really well done,its like the real thing.

I cant seem to get the 4 trust reverser to work,i can only get the one reverser on engine 1.

Did you guys made it to work on all of the engines?

When i try to programmed on fsuipc-Axis when i pull my reverser nothing happen so i have to get it done where it says Buttons Switches.

It sounds to me like you have the same situation that I do.

Your reversers are not set to an axis like the throttle, but set to activate a button which you will have to set to F2 like I said above.

Go to your Start menu and to Devices and Printers.  Right click on one of your joystick icons and select "Game Controlers" (I don't have my game computer in front of me, so it's from memory), then look for your JetMax throttle and select "Properties" so you can see all of the axis movements and buttons.  See if your Reversers are controlling an axis or a button.

It sounds to me like you have the same situation that I do.

Your reversers are not set to an axis like the throttle, but set to activate a button which you will have to set to F2 like I said above.

Go to your Start menu and to Devices and Printers.  Right click on one of your joystick icons and select "Game Controlers" (I don't have my game computer in front of me, so it's from memory), then look for your JetMax throttle and select "Properties" so you can see all of the axis movements and buttons.  See if your Reversers are controlling an axis or a button.

Its a button,I did like you mention above but i can only get the reverser on Eng 1 to work,i cant get the other 3 to work.