Sign in to follow this  
Valar

The one thing I want from X-plane at this time

I've been wanting to write this post for a while now and here goes:

I really just want one thing from X-plane at this time: one area of the world, it doesn't have to be huge, with the same level of detail as an Orbx region.

I want landmarks, airports, seasonal changes, the whole she-bang. I want to be able to immerse myself in a corner of the world that looks real. I don't care if it is Egypt, Australia or PNW, it just has to be real. To feel reel...

X-plane is my favorite sim. It does so many things right and there is a lot of nice payware planes, but we need that one piece of scenery to rock the X-world.

PS. Alpilotx's New Zealand scenery is very nice, but it lacks landmarks and airports.

Developers: consider yourself encouraged :-)

And, have tyou tried the TrueScenery offers?

With OSM + Autogem + Ortho and Mesh I believe we an easily outperform FSX with the products you mention, plus the fact that terrain around you will very plausiby influence some weather parameters in a way that is simply not possible to get so close to real in FSX... I know this is not the kind of stuff most look after, but for me I have even forget about the absence of seasonal textures in favor of the physic effects of landing / taking off from a contaminated RW...

Eye candy will increase with time, and much more 3pds will join this looong travel to the future! (must have been the red wine at lunch...)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Agreed:  airports, even with the current scenery add-ons, are still hideous.

spacer.png

I think JComm's suggestion is dead on, get the Findland OSM and photoscenery available at the truscenery website and then buy one or 3 of their airports and you have your flying environment.

I have a ton of Orbx stuff, and I think this is pretty comparable. 

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Good God, I haven't seen scenery that abhorrent since the toilets in a Hong Kong rugby stadium. Having said that, I am going to buy that Wilington Internation airport.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Good God, I haven't seen scenery that abhorrent since the toilets in a Hong Kong rugby stadium. Having said that, I am going to buy that Wilington Internation airport.

TrueScenery is abhorrent to you???

TrueScenery is abhorrent to you???

No no no. Just riding JonRD's irony coat tails:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

No no no. Just riding JonRD's irony coat tails:)

Oh, did not get that. Looks like I go with sarcasm as good as Sheldon does...-:)

:biggrin:  I'm just having a little fun with the ol' ubiquitous internet hyperbole. I've seen some bad sceneries before, but I usually reserve words like "hideous" for stuff like... oh, I dunno... Linda Blair in The Exorcist.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Oh, did not get that. Looks like I go with sarcasm as good as Sheldon does...-:)

Seems so :lol:. Bazinga !!

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...