Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

I7 2700K and GTX 580 vs I7 4770K and GTX Titan

"8GB of Corsair memory" - get more ram not enough IMO

Rich Sennett

No Point in going from a 2700K 5.0Gz to the IB or Haswell.

The card, if you don't have anything better than GTX580 you could look at the GTX770 or the GTX780.

If you don't have SSDs, a an SSD or two and move your FSX and sceneries to them.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

BenCap: "The 660Ti is a perfectly adequate card and has no problem with FSX. In fact, my tests showed it to be decently faster than my older GTX580 with SGSS. "

Bull, read here and be more informed:

"What you should never do is run a 'Ti" video card or a card with a 550/560/660 tag with such processors and clock speeds."

http://www.simforums.com/forums/selecting-a-graphic-card-from-specifications_topic46046.html

It´s a disgrace all the stupid advise which goes totally unchallenged here on the worlds largest FSX forum, people really need to wake up, thank you.

+1

Nick as a PHD in Physic and Engineering..."kinda" hard to challenge ...lol

Hello i can't decide if its worth upgrading from my current I7 2700k at 5GHZ and GTX 580 to the new I7 4770k and the GTX Titan or shall i wait for Ivy Bridge Extreme or even Haswell Extreme thanks. 

It's a no brainer... just make sure you get high speed memory (2400Mhz +) the higher the better.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/haswell-48ghz-on-air-can-it-be-done_topic46180.html

The new one ( i7-4960X) will be harder to play with (de-lidded) as they will use solders and not paste....can be done but you better know what you'r doing....

http://www.coolaler.com/showthread.php/305405

Bull, read here and be more informed:

"What you should never do is run a 'Ti" video card or a card with a 550/560/660 tag with such processors and clock speeds."

http://www.simforums...topic46046.html

It´s a disgrace all the stupid advise which goes totally unchallenged here on the worlds largest FSX forum, people really need to wake up, thank you.

This post just made my day. :lol: 

I took the time to run tests for myself and others alike who were interested in the card. 

You took the time to take a spoon feeding from someone else's work then attempt to tell me I don't know what I am talking about? ^_^ 

I think it is you who needs to be 'wake up' because you are the one who has done nothing but be a blatant troll on an internet forum.

LOL - TI card is crap - over and out.

Oh really? Where are your tests and research? 

Bentj

Single warning, given once.

Don't start out here this way. There are a lot of people here with a history as illustrious as Nick's who are just as, or more knowledgeable. Don't come in here acting like you have a Nick chip on your shoulder or upon the first complaint from a core member who is sober,  you will be out of here, and believe me our new ban machine won't let you back in under any name.  I don't care what you think of Ben Cap or his advice. Treat him and everyone else with respect or you will have a miserably short lifespan here.

So lets start this over.

RESET

Bentj

Welcome to Avsim. We enjoy quite a cult like following in on all things FS hardware in our hardware forums. Not only do we have, or have had, all the hot experts, we are training the next generation to replace them. We decided we won't feed the star studded fame game here anymore because the bigger the ego, the hungrier it gets, and the bigger it's appetite controls everyone. 

We prefer the team approach. If you join the community and show a bit of respect, you will perhaps be here long enough to earn some yourself. Talking about respect, how about an apology for the way you started and introduce yourself properly and tell us a bit about yourself, your rig, and what you would like to learn. 

You have not yet earned the right to bite on site like my old friend Alain.

Kind regards,

No testing needed if a titan is not the end all do the math

Rich Sennett

"Welcome to Avsim. We enjoy quite a cult like following in on all things FS hardware in our hardware forums. Not only do we have, or have had, all the hot experts, we are training the next generation to replace them. We decided we won't feed the star studded fame game here anymore because the bigger the ego, the hungrier it gets, and the bigger it's appetite controls everyone. "

Edited by Spiritflyer to remove extremely offensive descriptions about himself that turned his face as red as this print!

You may ban me now!

Goodbye.

You have not yet earned the right to bite on site like my old friend Alain.

Kind regards,

Check's in the mail...lol

"Welcome to Avsim. We enjoy quite a cult like following in on all things FS hardware in our hardware forums. Not only do we have, or have had, all the hot experts, we are training the next generation to replace them. We decided we won't feed the star studded fame game here anymore because the bigger the ego, the hungrier it gets, and the bigger it's appetite controls everyone. "

Edited by Spiritflyer to remove extremely offensive descriptions about himself that turned his face as red as this print!

Thank you,

You may ban me now!

Pffff, now that was wayyyy over the top.

Check's in the mail...lol

:lol:

So Basically all i need is say 16GB of 2400+MHZ memory and the GTX Titan i am thinking of waiting for the Haswell Extreme next year do you think that is the right choice thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

So Basically all i need is say 16GB of 2400+MHZ memory and the GTX Titan i am thinking of waiting for the Haswell Extreme next year do you think that is the right choice thanks.

8GB DDR3 2400+, GTX770+, Haswell @ 4.4+ is the best option right now. - This setup is comparable to a SB @ 5.4GHZ or so. 

GTX Titan and 32 gig of ram would be a great idea - cpu is fine - that will do it for now  :good:

Rich Sennett

32 gig of ram

Why so much RAM? I understand maybe 16 if you do lots of photo/video editing but 32 is complete overkill. 

Ram is cheap enough - more is better as far as I am concerned Ben something will use it that's for sure.

Rich Sennett