Sign in to follow this  
jgrobs

The FMC can't find ANY flight plans

I've been searching the forums for 2 1/2 hrs. but I can't find a solution.  I posted this at the Eaglesoft forum, but you guys over here seem to be on it, so...

I have been trying to learn the Citation X. I'm new to FMC's, so I'm using the example flight in the documentation. I have moved the provided KLAS-KLAX_X PLN to my fsx flight plan folder, but the FMC not only doesn't see it, it can't find any .PLNs. I press FPL, type "KLASKLAX into the Scratchpad and Press LSK 3R, and get INVALID ENTRY, or something to that effect.
No flight plan. when I select FPL LIST, nothing. I can load it from FSX, but not in the FMC.
I chose this plane to learn FMC based aircraft and I am hot to fly this baby. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know how it is about this particular plane, but most complex addons require the flightplans in other formats rather than FSX's default *.PLN files. You'll need some external flight planner like FSCommander (which btw. is available as a fully funtional demo version) to export the plans in the regarding formats.

Or you could tkae allok at how to manually enter the FP, which can be a lot of work, but in your case it would be possible to do that quite quickly. Be aware, though, that most addons are equipped with more recent navdata than FSX is by default, so it is possible that the FMC doesn't recognize some waypoints.

Regards,

Flo

Thanks for the reply Flo. I am using the flight plan provided with the plane. Its for a tutorial flight. This plane FMC is designed to read FSX flight plans. The problem is, it can't find that one, or any others.

P.S., I have FSCommander. It cant find those either!

Ah, ok. As said, I don't know that one -_-.

One thing comes to my mind: Is the flightplan located in the correct directory? Many planes require it to be in a specific loctaion other than the default location <Users\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files>, e.g. in a subfolder of the developer in question in your FSX folder. Usually this directory is specified in the manual.

If that's not the solution, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Thanks Robert, I will try it. Any idea how to get the Eaglesoft Citation X's FMC to be able to find it? (See initial post)

Hi,

Just for the hell of it I fired up my Citation 750 Extreme and tried loading the KLAS-KLAX_X.PLN as per the tutorial and came up with the same problem as the Original Poster. I did a bit of research on the EagleSoft Forums and came across this....

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239

I checked out the tutorial flight plan and indeed mine was corrupt. I edited as per the above thread and it loaded with no error.

BTW the included flightplan appears to be a simply text file with presumably proprietary layout even though the file extension( *.PLN) appears to be the same as the default FSX. FSX flightplans appear to be XML.

Hope this helps.....

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

Thanks pwafer!
At least its not early dementia causing my problem (probably!) :lol: :blink:

My .PLN file was indeed different than the example in the link. I edited it, re-placed it, but still no joy.

The FMC still does not find any flight plans, weather I have pre-loaded in FSX or not. I am beginning to think that my installation is corrupt.

Does anyone know the structural difference between the FSX .PLN and the Eaglesoft FMC created one?

It sounds like you, pwafer have gone through the same learning process with the FMC as I. When I get this working, I could learn from your experience as a FMC newbee. Any advice along those lines will be greatly appreciated. What I have been able to glean from the documentation, Googling, and YouTube is limited.

P.S., the folks at the Eaglesoft product support forum seem to have given up trying to help solve my problem. Ron's last response was" If its not that, then I don't know". An unfortunat response, to say the least, from a representative of a commercial product.

I'm still at a loss to determine why you cannot load the plan. While I wish that were not the case, I must be honest.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for your honesty! I'll download a fresh copy of the plane, reinstall, and take it from there

Josh

Ok... the .pln file format is the FS9 version.. so they are compatible with both FS9 and FSX.

As for why you're not seeing it... appears to be a bug in the code... you might try adding yet another flight plan to the folder and renaming it by the following rules:

AAAA-BBBB_X.PLN  where:

AAAA = ICAO of departure airport.

BBBB = ICAO of destination airport.

Any FS9-ready flight plan can be renamed in this fashion and then be 'visible' to the FMS for loading.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The updated post has confirmed that I am using the correct procedure. I will try Ed's suggestion and report back.

Thanks

Josh Roberts

Well...

I followed Ed's suggestion. Created a FS9 flight plan on SimRoutes, Re-named it by the AAAA-BBBB_X.PLN convention, placed it in my default FSX flight plans folder, and gave it a shot. When I press FSK 3R, I get the dreaded "INVALID ENTRY", when I press FRM FS GPS, nothing still happens.

I guess I can deal with this never being a "Hop in and fly" plane that can load saved flight plans, if I have to. I am beginning to resent the $50 I spent on a, at least in my case, not ready for prime time plane. I will endeavor to learn how to create flight plans manually. (I think I keep missing something having to do with ALT, the whole "nose dive shortly after takeoff" thing is getting annoying)! If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I'm all ears (as you can see from my user pic). If anyone thinks of a solution to the original problem, give me a holler. I'll be the one repeatedly crashing a Citation into the ocean off the L.A. coast.

Josh Roberts