Sign in to follow this  
jgrobs

The FMC can't find ANY flight plans

Josh, check your email.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have taken this to the Eaglesoft forums... support here is "done" as it's not Eaglesoft's forums and it's kinda rude of me to take up AVSIM's bandwidth on this.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I want to let you all know that the problem is well on its way to being solved. Part of the problem was an overloaded flight plans folder. At Ron's suggestion I cleaned it out and now, as long as I have previously loaded a flight plan, the FMC can load it. The provided FMC format plan still doesn't show up, but we'll see what happens when I save a FMC created one. I am very impressed with the excellent customer service provided by Ron. He contacted me personally, walked me through the set up, and stuck with me until the problem was mostly resolved. Thanks again to Ron of Eaglesoft.

If I discover anything further that I think will help other newbies like me, I will post it here.

Thanks for all the help, this is a great community.

Josh Roberts

I want to let you all know that the problem is well on its way to being solved. Part of the problem was an overloaded flight plans folder. At Ron's suggestion I cleaned it out and now, as long as I have previously loaded a flight plan, the FMC can load it. The provided FMC format plan still doesn't show up, but we'll see what happens when I save a FMC created one. I am very impressed with the excellent customer service provided by Ron. He contacted me personally, walked me through the set up, and stuck with me until the problem was mostly resolved. Thanks again to Ron of Eaglesoft.

If I discover anything further that I think will help other newbies like me, I will post it here.

Thanks for all the help, this is a great community.

Josh Roberts

Hi Josh,

I have 900 items in my "...//Flight Simulator X Files" folder. Doesn't seem to be a problem. If I click on "<FPL LIST" I get a page with 2 entries. "KLASKLAX" and "KMIAPAKT". The first is the Tutorial flightplan and the second is a flightplan I input via the CDU myself. That is it just lists the EagleSost format flightplans.[

"<FPL LIST" does not list FSX flightplans. Whats done is that you go to the FSX flightplanner and either do a flight plan there form scratch or get it to load a previously saved FSX flightplan.  It is now in memory and to put it into the Citation CDU just click "<FRM FS GPS"

quote name=jgrobs' timestamp='1372557056' post='2704084]

Created a FS9 flight plan on SimRoutes, Re-named it by the AAAA-BBBB_X.PLN convention, placed it in my default FSX flight plans folder, and gave it a shot. When I press FSK 3R, I get the dreaded "INVALID ENTRY", when I press FRM FS GPS, nothing still happens.

I'd imagine in the above instance that the renamed flightplan is in FS9/FSX format still, with an Eaglesoft format file name, but when internally checked it doesn't match what it's expecting - hence the error. Clicking "<FRM FS GPS" does nothing because there's no flightplan loaded in memory.

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

Ok, we've gone far enough with support at AVSIM. Our dedicated support forums are where we offer detailed and best/quickest product support. 

We have a detailed knowledgebase from which customers can glean a wealth of info and avoid confusion.

Here is a sample which clears up format questions and eliminates guesswork and trial and error.

The supplied KLAS-KLAX_X.pln file contains the minimum required and must be text based.

We're seeing posts about flight plans doing this, not doing that etc. and based on responses and such we're seeing a small 'void' in information that may be necessary for people to be able to use the FMS on this aircraft correctly. So, here goes:

1 - A flight plan must consist of a minimum of three waypoints: DEPARTURE Airport, ENROUTE Waypoint, DESTINATION Airport. As example, flying from KLAS to KLAX the minimum flight plan should be something like KLAS HEC KLAX.

2 - The Citation X has altitude restrictions based on weight. Based on climb speed selected your weight can not be above 32480-32884 before climbing past FL430. The higher the climb speed, the higher the weight restriction. If your cruise altitude is going to be above FL430, enabling step climb and setting cruise altitude to optimum is probably your best bet.

3 - There is a real-world limit to how high you can fly enroute. It's based on many factors, however distance is the primary factor. On the reference page of the pilot's kneeboard in FS we've provided a table (bottom of the page) that gives you information on maximum altitudes based on flight plan length.

The first item in the list above is an addon limitation. The other two items are based on actual real-world aircraft performance, thus just like in the real one's manual... stepping outside those boundaries will result in 'unpredicted' behavior. Yes, it really says that.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Philip,

It could be a coincidence, but after I did the clean-out, I was able to load a saved FSX flight plan through FSX and then load it into the FMS, but not before. I see one flight plan in the FPL LIST, a flight plan I downloaded from SimRoutes in FS9 format. It is yellow, at FSK 2L, and I have not been able to load it. The tutorial KLASKLAX flight plan, which is in the same folder, is not visible. The renaming of an FS9 PLN was a bit of bad advice I got from someone earlier on.

Tomorrow when I have more time, I will try to create and save a flight plan with the FMC, and see if it shows up in the list. My FSX install is on a separate SSD from my C:/, and I had to install the Citation on the same drive to get it to load, as opposed to the default C:/ location. I'm wondering if this has any bearing on the problem. This has been quite a head scratcher.

Josh

Yes it can have a bearing...

Ocasionally users do not have a C: Drive on their computers while we and many other vendors require a C: Drive for software installation.
Need to create a Virtual C Drive? Click to Ask Leo

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The renaming of an FS9 PLN was a bit of bad advice I got from someone earlier on.

Um... no it wasn't.  I wrote the addon's software, all gauges... every bit of it.  I think I might know what format the FMS is looking for to see a flight plan on your hard drive.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69