Sign in to follow this  
BjornM

FSX AA (Nvidia Inspector)

Hi
So I've been looking around to figure out why Nvidia inpector setting aren't working on FSX.
I have turned the in game AA off, and tried out all the inspector settings I could find in other forums and webpages, but there seeme to be no difference at all.
I'm lost, and really desperate. The only thing that actually works is the "Nvidia Predefined FXAA Usage" and the FXAA settings, but since this is only on & off settings I can't controll the AA "strenght" at all.. 
Does any body have a quick and easy way to fix this?

Mine wouldn't work unless i had the screen maximised whilst the flight loaded. If i had it windowed or switched app whilst loading, the AA often wouldnt work. Im using the nvidia control panel not inspector. I have AA ticked in fsx and use 'enchance application' setting in nividia.

"Antialiasing Behavior Flags" section needs to be set to "None" ...I've seen this change after driver updates and have to go in and change it back. Just a thought, but I see you most likely have been down that road.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Same issue here, fighting it hard. Didn't notice it at all, the lack of good AA with my 560ti, but with my 670, I notice lack of AA on the plane and ground lines like taxi ways and runway paint. I have tried it all. Totally reinstalled Nvidia drivers and everything.

I see others who have no issue with setups like mine. I am stumped.

That's a pretty old link Bert.  I know NickN normally updates his information based on the latest, but he has really changed things at the following link - http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtx-780-settings-discussion-haswell-revealed_topic46112_page1.html (look way down in the post for Nick's new settings).  He now has a couple of settings (tweaks) to the Fsx.cfg and new NI settings.  He also debunks a lot of so-called tweaks.  I never did like the Bufferpools setting as it never seemed to work with my fsx sessions but the settings he put up at the link work great for me and I'm definitely seeing better frames.  The AA works well inside the VC of the PMDG 737 or any aircraft but it does not look good in spot view of the aircraft.  Wing view looks great and so does the scenery on the ground and at airports.  It just doesn't do a good job in spot view of an aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I also recently read NickN's suggestions for tweaks and agree like he says you dont need that many tweaks to get fsx running and cleaned out my cfg.

He said that with 780gtx you dont need SGSS, only 8xS. Only problem without sgss i also witnessed was shimmering on Aerosofts airports that might utilize way too big textures without mipmaps.

If you follow those inspector settings to the tee they are guaranteed to work. But you also need to have properly installed drivers and shouldn't have changed 3D settinga in nvidia control panel.

Thanks for the link, Jim.

For me these lines:

[bUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=1
Poolsize=8388608
RejectThreshold=126976

in combination with Water 2xLOW produce a better result FPS-wise and visually. 

Before I had to use Water at 2xHIGH because with Pools=0 I started seeing some glitches.

Also I asked in that thread about using an external limiter in Inspector (= 30fps) and unlimited in FSX.cfg (=0) instead the 'old' method. Has anybody tried this?

Dirk. 

Also I asked in that thread about using an external limiter in Inspector (= 30fps) and unlimited in FSX.cfg (=0) instead the 'old' method. Has anybody tried this?

Dirk. 

Nick said not good. Back to using the internal FSX limiter to 30.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Think Nick's suggested usage of frame limiter is 30, if sufficient can go 60 and in very heavy situations like big cities, unlimited fps. And just change depending where you are flying. 

BTW looks like he just initiated a updated "fsx tuning bible", intro already done :smile: http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

I recently had the same issue when I switched an AMD card to the Nvidia 660GTX. Every setting I tried made no difference.
Had to play with the settings in NI until I found one that would take.
I can take a pic of my settings tonight and post them if you wish so you can see what worked on my system.
As of right now my AA is laser perfect.
It looks like your system specs are almost identical to mine.

skully, on 02 Jul 2013 - 6:42 PM, said:

I recently had the same issue when I switched an AMD card to the Nvidia 660GTX. Every setting I tried made no difference.

Had to play with the settings in NI until I found one that would take.

I can take a pic of my settings tonight and post them if you wish so you can see what worked on my system.

As of right now my AA is laser perfect.

It looks like your system specs are almost identical to mine.

Yeah, I tried some of the things above, (Antialiasing Behavior Flags are at "none") and now AA is "working" better, but still I can't change how much I want.

And also, the transparency is not possible to change, so things are quite blury at the moment.

Put post a pic, that would be great!

For me these lines:
[bUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=1
Poolsize=8388608
RejectThreshold=126976

I agree in part.  The Bufferpools settings worked for me and I have been a proponent against Bufferpools settings.  I got easily another 10-15 fps.  Changing the water settings to 2X Low would never work well on my system as I have DX10 and I like the water animations too much to destroy the water.  My FSX setting is 5 (think that's two steps down from the Max).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Does any body have a quick and easy way to fix this?

The only way I can effectively make any NVIDIA tweaks that effect changes seen in FSX is to delete the NVIDIA default "MS Flight Simulator X" profile and create a new one (name it FSX or anything other then "MS Flight Simulator X").   I've never figured out how people can use NVIDIA’s default "MS Flight Simulator X" profile and get it to work.

Try deleting the default "MS Flight Simulator X" profile using inspector.  You'll now have AA in window mode or full screen mode and you'll totally unlock your GPU tweaking abilities.  Be warned, once you delete the default profile, it's gone. But if you ever want the default profile back, simply uninstall your video driver and re-install it.

RJ