Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Fast and easy GA plane

Hey folks,

after quite a long time without any flying whatsoever I think of getting back. Thus I plan to spend some moeny for an GA plane which will serve for me as an flight trainer, getting familiar with everything again. As I have been away for quite a long time, I have no overview about the current addons out there.

My expectations are as following:

- single prop GA plane (no turboprop, I can´t really cope with them again atm)

- Fast and reliable

- easy to fly

- good looking model (also VC) with reasonable system level

I know there are quite a lot of Cessnas out there, so what shall it be?

I know there are quite a lot of Cessnas out there, so what shall it be?

I would recommend the default Cessna!

:ph34r: :lol:

RealAir Lancair. Hands down. Awesome. The best out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Can't go wrong with anything by Carendo.  Their models are top notch, easy to fly and they are very framerate friendly.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

what the above have said are all great.  The RV-7 and Legacy are excellent.  I wouldn't say they are as easy to fly as a 172 but not too difficult with some practice.  The RV is very light on the controls and has fighter like handling.  The Legacy is a very slippery high peformance airplane, requiring good speed management on approach.  Sibwings Safir is a great old clunker if you want something a little more vintage.  Another great exotic vintage choice is the Classics Hangar BF-108.

A2A's Civil P-51 is very fast, tho I consider it a bit more difficult to fly...it is a V-12 powered warbird after all.  But it is very rewarding to fly once mastered. 

After A2A releases the 172, they will do a Piper Cherokee, most likely including the Cherokee 235, which will have a little more pop under the hood than the 172.  A2A will likely do a Piper Comanche as well.

Cheers

TJ

Can't go wrong with anything by Carendo.  Their models are top notch, easy to fly and they are very framerate friendly.

Checked theirs out. The only one appealing for me is the CT210M Centurion II but I´ve heared some bad things about its flight model here in the forum.

RealAir Lancair. Hands down. Awesome. The best out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

+1. Terrific performance, the BEST view out of the cockpit of any plane I own (bubble canopy), and full instrumentation. Slippery little devil, it will come in hot a lot of times but you can use the air brakes. A GREAT aircraft - look up some of the reviews.

ReadAir also makes the Duke, both piston and turbine. I like flying the piston more than the turbine, and it is my favorite twin. 

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

The newest Carenado, the CT206 is very nice.

There is some debate about it flying a touch nose-high, and fixes are being proposed

for that, but if you own the RXP GNS530, it has a visually stunning cockpit and it flies great.

The RealAir Lancair is more of a "sports car" vs an "SUV" - so if you are into that, the Lancair

is great!  As is the Baytower RV7.

So, based on your specs:  CT206 + RXP GNS530.

Bert

+1. Terrific performance, the BEST view out of the cockpit of any plane I own (bubble canopy), and full instrumentation. Slippery little devil, it will come in hot a lot of times but you can use the air brakes. A GREAT aircraft - look up some of the reviews.

ReadAir also makes the Duke, both piston and turbine. I like flying the piston more than the turbine, and it is my favorite twin. 

Yeah, they´re all pretty cool! I´ve got all three from RealAir and they´re great. The Lancair flies almost like an fighter, I guess I can´t bring it down on some rugged PNW strips where I fly primarily. But man, that thing is so slippery, really hard to land on the spot.

Carenado´s new CT206H is a sweet plane, very near to my needings. But I´ve got their "old" 206, so paying alomst 40 bucks for just an HD remake it a bit of an overklill.

@Bert, sollks like I really have to invest in RXP-Gauges. I own quite a lot of planes who can use them. Is there any kind of "all-in-on"-Package for these as they´re overly expensive.

One more vote for both the Legacy and the A2A (Civil) Mustang. They both fly fast, really fast! Besides, both visual models are great  and the flight dynamics are convincing and especially the Realair Legacy has some nice additional features such as cockpit shaking effects when you retract the gear etc.

If you're looking for some more challenge, get the Civilian Mustang along with the Accusim extension, which will amongst other things give you failures if you dont handle the plane properly.

Another one, is carenado's C337. It is a twin that goes fast, but flies like a single. Most people say that it is Carenado's best release to date. It can get into fairly short strips, while hauling some payload.

The RV will get in and out of 800ft airstrips and cruise around 160kts. One advantage of being aerobatic is being able to really knife around the canyons and rivers.   I even got it in and out of I99D - Dewey Moore, part of FTX's Idaho scenery.  The RV isn't a bush plane per se, more of a sports plane.  In reality you would beat the hell out of your landing gear landing at strips like that, but in FS, its no problem :)  The other nice thing about the RV, it is on the F1 wrapper, so you can return it if you don't like it.

Whatever GA you pick, you should also consider getting A2A's Accu-feel, it really adds a lot to any GA airplane.