Sign in to follow this  
k2wilson

DC-3 passenger props

I noticed that on all my passenger DC-3 props, the spinner dome, and the blades are not connected to anything. The prop hub is invisible. Anybody else have this?

I'll try to help you with the texture issue.  Give me some more info on your installation - FS version, MAAM-SIM edition number, CD or download, and how you installed it. 

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I have FSX, MAAM-SIM edition 10, and I used the self installer from the downloaded version. It seems to only affect the silver bladed props, all the black props are ok. I'm running Windows XP.

Note: I am aware of the texture "fix" that is included in the add on of different prop tips. Still have the same problem.

UPDATE: I found the problem! I wasn't missing a prop texture, it was an engine texture that was missing from the passenger textures with the bare metal props. I simply copied the engine textures from another folder that I know was working correctly. All is good!

I had the Engine Parts file in the texture folder after the install but it just wasn't showing up. I saw the "Delivery" version was showing up properly so just copied the engine parts file from that texture folder into the DC-3 Passenger Texture folder...that fixed it. Now on to getting the Altimeter to show up in the VC.

Seems like after paying $30 we buyers have to finish the conversion to FSX.

Garry Lundberg