Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Beechcraft B60 Turbine Duke - VC texture update

Nice job.

We are very close to a major upgrade for the piston Duke, and that includes of course some gauge surround screws, so I want to be clear that we are not jumping on the bandwagon but planned this and many other improvements in the upgrade!!

I could list the improvements but I don't want to violate the rules. Mod?

Rob - RealAir

It's very satisfying to see this thread developing.

Nice job.

We are very close to a major upgrade for the piston Duke, and that includes of course some gauge surround screws, so I want to be clear that we are not jumping on the bandwagon but planned this and many other improvements in the upgrade!!

Rob - RealAir

Rob, sorry I didn't see this earlier. Listing the improvements in this topic would not be an issue. Please feel free to do so.

Nice job.

Rob - RealAir

Rob,

Like Tom, I did not see this!

Please accept my deepest apologies. Feel free to bang me on the side of the head to wake me up when necessary!

This is exciting! Improvements to my favorite airframe!

Kind regards,

Great Rob, look forward to an update

I still fly both Duke version every week, from my vast payware collection, realair and the NGX are the ones I always come back to.

-Iain Watson-

Thanks Tom and Stephen for allowing me to list some of the upgrades in the pipeline for the Piston Duke:

* Multiplayer flooding eliminated...giving glitch free m/p connection

* Textures and panels load much quicker when returning from spot view and optimised for an improved frame rate

* Panel and texture improvements plus more livery and panel variations

* Custom sound set and animations up to Legacy standards, including:

1. User customisable airframe vibrations

2. Airframe reactions to flight and ground handling

3. Flap vibration and failure when too fast

4. Gear up and down clunks and vibration

5. All switches have sounds

* Improved start up and shut down animations on props with sound sync to engine compression

* Will now do accurate rate one turn but still with full side slip capability (Note: Response to customer feedback!)

* Improved stall, buffet and spin

* Click Spot removal option for Track IR users

* Improved Engine Sounds

* Optional grass suspension or harder tarmac suspension and accompanying sounds

* Screws surrounding gauges (!!)

* Custom Landing Lights up to Legacy standards

* FSX Carb Heat Bug fixed

* Turn co-ordinator improved

* Gauge needle vibrations when appropriate

* Improved exterior glass and reflections

* Armrest sounds

* Improved exterior shadows

* Open Door Wind and Turbine Sounds

* Improved Gauges and size adjustment

* Dirt and smudges on gauges (optional)

* Improved RXP integration (option for 2xGNS530 and 2XGNS 430 simultaneously)

* More complex generator load modelling

* Improved Landing gear texturing and 3d modelling

* Side Slip wind response

* Brake Squeeks

* User selectable ADF "dip"

* Overspeed flutter on ailerons, yoke vibration and airframe stress on overspeed

* 3d lights

* Yoke moves with trim commands and trim surfaces react to given speed

* 3d blurred props (not a flat plain when viewed from the side)

* New Spinner models

* General flight model refinements

There might be more but these are the upgrades I can remember for now. So Sean might chime in with anything I forgot.

Best WIshes,

Rob - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Wow, that is an impressive list of enhancements! Thanks, Rob, and I'll be looking forward to this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Great stuff Rob and Sean! B)

Are some of the non-piston related updates going to make it to the T-Duke as well?

Cheers

TJ

Great stuff Rob and Sean! B)

Are some of the non-piston related updates going to make it to the T-Duke as well?

Cheers

TJ

Hii TJ,

Eventually yes. But we want to see how the Piston version upgrade goes first. It took a lot of work and a long time to do!

Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

OMG!  This is awesome news.  Piston Duke brought up to Legacy standards? I am a RealAir customer for life! This will be the best piston twin for FSX without a doubt.

edit:  Will this be a free update to current Duke owners?

This is absolutely fantastic.  I so love it when developers revisit a plane that was already excellent and bring it up to the current standards.  I can't wait.

Just one request, and it's probably too late, but:

Do you think you could provide an option to integrate the Reality XP Weather Radar?  Only one plane natively supports that, the PMDG J-41, but I've always wanted to stick it in the Dukes.

OMG!  This is awesome news.  Piston Duke brought up to Legacy standards? I am a RealAir customer for life! This will be the best piston twin for FSX without a doubt.

edit:  Will this be a free update to current Duke owners?

Unfortunately not. This is much more than a bug fix. It is a major upgrade and took a lot of time we should have perhaps spent elsewhere (hint hint).

Unfortunately not. This is much more than a bug fix. It is a major upgrade and took a lot of time we should have perhaps spent elsewhere (hint hint).

Fair enough. Will there be a discount for current owners?

This could rekindle my love for the old piston... I've been spoiled by the turbine hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hii TJ,

Eventually yes. But we want to see how the Piston version upgrade goes first. It took a lot of work and a long time to do!

Rob

That is really great news B)   I guess with all that time and work it would be unlikely the Scout would ever see those kinds of updates.  That is unfortunate but very understandable, the more time you spend revamping old projects, the less time you can spend on new ones.   I am very eager for the 172 and other gems you guys have planned.  :smile:

Maybe you guys might consider this awesome Sherpa K650T as the next RealAir bush plane. :wub:

3932615723_8c6b6024b8.jpg

CHeers

TJ