Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Finally! DC-8 For FSX!

Even if the quality isn't that great I'm still gonna buy it. It's the DC-8!!!

http://www.justflight.com/product/dc-8-download

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Well! It sounds like you have your mind set in concrete on this one! :) Have fun with it! 

Looks like a DC-8 to me! I'm in!  :lol:

Thanks for the heads up Jesse!

Finally! I've seen some DC-8's under development in FSdeveloper website, never knew that one is this far in development. 

Finally! I've seen some DC-8's under development in FSdeveloper website, never knew that one is this far in development.

Not the same one you don't think?

From what I've read the FSDEV bird is freeware to be released under the HJG banner.

Yeah probably you are right about this being completely different project, in any case nice to have a DC-8 with VC coming. 

Interesting. Who's developing it? Blackbox?

Also, I wonder if the whole model range will be done. The preview looks like a -20 or -30.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I may be wrong, but I believe this is a commisioned Just Flight development, so probably made by the same team that made the L-1011.

I'm sure JF Martin & Co will correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps tease us with some more info on this DC-8? :smile:

I will probably buy it too, as I also desperately want a DC-8 and will accept some comprimise, but I really hope it's better than the L-1011.   It's very rare that I return addons for a refund, as I want to support the developers in this hobby, but that L-1011 just had to go back.

Well look at that! I might actually get the DC-8, as it's still in active service as a cargo plane and I always liked its looks.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I may be wrong, but I believe this is a commisioned Just Flight development, so probably made by the same team that made the L-1011.

I'm sure JF Martin & Co will correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps tease us with some more info on this DC-8? :smile:

I will probably buy it too, as I also desperately want a DC-8 and will accept some comprimise, but I really hope it's better than the L-1011.   It's very rare that I return addons for a refund, as I want to support the developers in this hobby, but that L-1011 just had to go back.

What was so bad about the l1011?  I was thinking about buying is why I ask

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It is essentially the same complexity level as the default aircraft.   And the FDE is just awful, especially around climb numbers and performance.   If you just want a set of L-1011 textures to fly in, go for it, but that aside I would not recommend it to anyone.  It is less than a 'lite' representation.

Here's hoping that the usual FSX development fairy waves her wand and we end up with three more DC-8s from other developers all being released at the same time! That's often the result when someone comes up with a new project. What price a CS DC-8 gets announced within a fortnight?

Andy

What price a CS DC-8 gets announced within a fortnight?

I had exactly the same thought when I statred reading this thread B)

Anyway, it's nice to see the DC-8 coming to FSX with a VC, I always wanted to fly a DC-8 in my sim, and I really don't mind that it will most likely not be a very detailed simulation of the systems.

I agree it is almost of the same quality as default aircraft so why bother. I prefer using Captai Sim's one, it is visually better and VC is coming.