I want to upgrade my 128GB SSD Flash Storage on my Macbook Pro 13 inch Retina, to a 256GB SSD, what kind of money am I looking at? Where would I get it, 

How much does it cost to take it into the apple store and have them install a SSD that you provide? Oh and also how much would a 480/512GB SSD cost? That would work to! I'm thinking I should really get something better than a 128GB Flash Storage SSD on this computer... My desktop has I think 3 SSD + a 2TB drive, but I need to start upgrading this Macbook Pro, So I can get all my games going on, on here instead of just at home! :)

Goates, thanks for the suggestion how ever I was looking for something slightly cheaper... The next step over the 240GB SSD that Danny suggested would be a cheaper 420GB - 512GB SSD! I hope I can find a cheaper one!

Thanks again Danny! One last thing is there a SSD that works that is between the 240GB and the 480GB?

I want to upgrade my 128GB SSD Flash Storage on my Macbook Pro 13 inch Retina, to a 256GB SSD, what kind of money am I looking at? Where would I get it, 

Hi Maple,

My daughter is looking at MBP Retina for graduate school.  I'm rather put off by the underpowered GPU w/ the IB version, and as you may have heard MBP Retina Refresh is coming at some point in the next months and will sport Haswell, so will have much stronger battery life & GPU.  Thoughts on how Retina looks w/ non-native apps, and how it otherwise performs?  The reason I ask is she needs this when school starts and Refresh may not come for a while after that so she will have to decide between non-Retina or current Retina like yours.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well it depends what she will be using it for at school, This one - MacBook Pro Retina - 13 Inch - Ram 8GB -  768MB Vram - 2.5 GHZ CPU - Is a stock computer, it takes 8 seconds from the startup screen and the chime you hear when you restart to being able to log in... It's faster than a regular MBP that doesn't have a SSD (Solid State Drive) How ever it only comes with a 128GB Flash Storage, later you can upgrade it like I'm trying to do. As for non native apps like FSX it runs FSX just fine under Bootcamp how ever I usually let me desktop run the FSX for me and this is my XP10/Work laptop. So all in all the performance is above PAR compared to a MBP without the SSD, it's I believe $2600 in this configuration. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made!

How much does it cost to take it into the apple store and have them install a SSD that you provide? Oh and also how much would a 480/512GB SSD cost? That would work to! I'm thinking I should really get something better than a 128GB Flash Storage SSD on this computer... My desktop has I think 3 SSD + a 2TB drive, but I need to start upgrading this Macbook Pro, So I can get all my games going on, on here instead of just at home! :)

Why don't you do it yourself?

Buy the home tool kit from iFixit (excellent company BTW!) and learn more about your Macintosh by un-installing the old and installing the new. All you have to do is have the appropriate tools in order the access the back panel screws and...the screws which hold the Flash Drive in place, and back-up your HDD.

It seems very daunting at first, but its a breeze once you're in there and taking apart your Mac ^_^

Trust me, you'll save a lot of money by doing it yourself! probably $100? (I don't ever use Apple's repair service as I do all the fixing myself, so not familiar with the prices of such things).

Look into it.

Regards.

Wonderful thanks guys! I've narrowed it down to, doing it myself (with my uncle (he knows everything about Apple as he works there...) and these 3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148613&ParentOnly=1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820249031

Or if I can find a $200-$350 512GB SSD, then I will go for that! Go ahead and give me opinions on these 2. For the MBP 13 IN Retina.