Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Petition: Rehire ACES studios and resume work on Flight Simulator 11

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/microsoft-rehire-aces-studios-and-resume-work-on-flight-simulator-11

:yahoo:  :clapping:

To:
Steve Ballmer, Microsoft

7 years ago, Microsoft released Flight Simulator 10, what would be the final installment in the series. In 2009, Microsoft laid off ACES studios, thus, work on Flight Simulator 11 was cancelled. Many fans of the series cried out in agony as their favorite flight simulator was thrown in the garbage. Although a successor to Flight Simulator X came out last, it alienated many of the fans that came to love the series. Soon, work on that was also cancelled after six months. Since it followed a DLC model, you would be given 2 planes and the big island of Hawaii. If you wanted anything more you would have to buy it, of course, this didn't sell as planned. This series, that dates back all the way to 1982, has been forgotten by Microsoft. Think about it, this series has been around before Mario, Sonic, heck even COD, were made. The community for this game is still alive and healthy, but, it is at risk of slowly dying off because of no recent installments. ACES and the Flight Simulator series deserve to be resurrected from the grave. 30 years of PC aviation should not suffer a fate like this. Please, rehire ACES studios and resume work on Flight Simulator 11.

Sincerely,
[Your name]

Wow thanks for this. I will definitely sign this. How many members do we have on avsim? I think we can meet the 24k goal! Let's do this! I would love for this to happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Nice sentiment, but, sorry I think you'll have more chance getting excrement from a rocking horse..signed nonetheless.

Glen

Signed. However aren't most of the Aces team now working for Lockheed Martin on Prepar3D?

I dream of the day we will get an up-to-date 64bit version of FSX that uses all the latest core technologies. Wish we can contact some of the people from the Aces team and make something happen as a community. Why do they need Microsoft to back them up? Can't they do this without them? I mean they still develop games. So I don't see why they can't continue work on FSX.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Signed. However aren't most of the Aces team now working for Lockheed Martin on Prepar3D?

I guess if they do resume the FSX project, they will probably hire some new talent to fill in the spots of the employees that went over to LM.

Why bring Microsoft back into the picture? They're the ones who killed the franchise in the first place because they weren't getting a cut of the third party add-ons so they took their ball home. I would rather fund a Kickstarter project to form an independent studio to create a new, more open flight sim platform that has the basic trappings of FS and more. I'm still excited for the future of our hobby, though... Robert at PMDG says there's a new platform coming (not P3D) that he's very optimistic about. 

Signed :ph34r:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

signed for what it's worth :)

Same here!

Chris Howard

Signed although I don't believe it has even the slightest chances of actually resulting in anything but whatever. 

Really the main reason I would like to see some FSX related simulator as the next big one would be backward compatibility with aircraft & scenery & not having to learn completely new development methods like I would have to if I wanted to start developing for X Plane. 

Really I think the future of FS is away from Microsoft with some smaller developers like Laminar Research unless Prepar3d surprises us all. 

What a lot of rubbish!! We KNOW that a petition is a total waste of time!! P3D is the way to go. LM is actively developing it. If Microsoft was still interested in a (dare I say it) 'gaming' product, they would never have passed it on to LM. Rather draw up a petition for a new version of Solitaire! & no, I'm not getting into a debate whether thats a card simulation or a game!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

What a lot of rubbish!!  a petition is a total waste of time.

+1

Just like the "I am developing a new flight sim; what features would you like?" type threads, these are pointless, and just entice the easily led and naive.

Microsoft will not 'change their mind' and invest $millions in a genre that they have already decided will not yield the return they would require, or is not in line with their future strategy, brand, and/or product line.

Petitions are better placed for pushing for changes in government policy and practice .... like here is the UK, if a goverment petition reaches 100,000 signatures, it must be given debating time in the Houses of Parliament.

But MS deciding to re-invest in FS .......... after their experience with FLIGHT! ......??

Never going to happen.

Nothing to lose in doing this petition though, but your time. :smile: