Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Thai Creations - Mumbai, India is out

Update : The solution 'rotro' posted worked to an extent but did not eradicate the problem completely. It does get rid of elevated taxiway markers, lines, etc but I am still getting random jumps while taxiing around the airport as well as while exiting runways.

Also, the textures aren't really accurately placed anymore (the floating textures are back on the same elevation as the rest of the airport but don't sit flush over satellite imagery so you get a duplication effect of textures)

Great airport and I'd love to frequently fly there in the sim but it's a shame the developer hasn't bothered replying to customers. Oh well..

That's too bad. 

I gave them a 1-star review at Simmarket because of this issue.  I'm not an expert on scenery design, but if other sellers don't have this problem with their products, I'm sure it's a relatively easy fix.  Thai Creations is hyping their upcoming Sri Lanka product, but not doing anything about Mumbai, which I still think looks great without the elevation error.  I don't know how they expect to be a credible developer by ignoring customers.

I also had the problem before and after installing Vector, so I don't think there is a relationship with the error.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

FIX VABB+ORBX GLOBAL

Just did a quick look around the airport with this fix and finally, everything seems normal again! Thank you so much!

Hello everyone. 

I'm an author of this fix and I can tell that it will help even to those people who don't have Global (at least, I hope so).

Also, in case someone doesn't like Phototerrain of airport, it's possible to remove it (together with custom LC) and in my opinion it's very good option for people with ORBX global.

With best regards, Alex.

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone. 

I'm an author of this fix and I can tell that it will help even to those people who don't have Global (at least, I hope so).

Also, in case someone doesn't like Phototerrain of airport, it's possible to remove it (together with custom LC) and in my opinion it's very good option for people with ORBX global.

With best regards, Alex.

Thank you, Alex! Your fix works great so far from what I can tell. I can enjoy this airport, once again :)

Thank you for your praise.

I can also recommend to ORBX users (both Global and Vector) to try to remove phototerrain (it will have amazing impact on autogen around airport).

Just rename 7 files from:

PHOTO_YH_VABB1 to PHOTO_YH_VABB7 from *.bgl to *.bak.

Also, rename LC_6725 from *.bgl to *.bak.

If you don't like result just rename all files back to *.bgl.

To understand changes better, I recommend to compare "before" and "after" from top-down view. You can also compare difference in amount of buildings around airport by loading on runway and looking around.

• Upvote 1

Hi Alex,

Again thankyou very much for the fix, something that the developer seems very reluctant to do.

Regards John

John Funnell

scap_b777.png  NAX8096.png

Hello everyone. 

With best regards, Alex.

Thank you very much. It is working for me without FTX.

I tried an ILS approach rwy27. I don´t know if it has to do with that elevation fix, but the glidepath is very low (4 red papi) and the dme-readout is wrong. On landing DME appr. 2 instead of 0.

I tried an ILS approach rwy27. I don´t know if it has to do with that elevation fix, but the glidepath is very low (4 red papi) and the dme-readout is wrong. On landing DME appr. 2 instead of 0.

I've been seeing this since I tried the original scenery without any fixes. It seems to be an error in the scenery itself, not the fix. Maybe Alex can take a look and improve this aspect as well?  :lol:

• Upvote 1

I've been seeing this since I tried the original scenery without any fixes. It seems to be an error in the scenery itself, not the fix. Maybe Alex can take a look and improve this aspect as well?  :lol:

Yeah, that would be great.  :lol:  Updating a scenery seems to be no specialty of Thai Creations.

• Upvote 1

Well, guys, I tried to correct ILS for RWY27. Please test it, cause I do not have FSX installed at this moment.

Here's a link.

http://zalil.ru/34965578

Just follow link - you do not need to click anything - just wait for a while (10 seconds) and download will start.

Unzip and place 2 files to your VABB_X/scenery folder and overwrite. In case of any problems, please tell me and revert to original fix.

With best regards, Alex.

Ha, this is amazing. Pretty sure Karan was joking but I love that you did it anyway! Alex, огромное спасибо Вам!

James

Well, guys, I tried to correct ILS for RWY27. Please test it, cause I do not have FSX installed at this moment.

Here's a link.

http://zalil.ru/34965578

Thanks for your efforts, but I see no differences to the other file.

Christoph, thank you for feedback.

I will try to fix it when I will install FSX again. Easy solution didn't work, so, I'll need to further investigate this problem.