Sign in to follow this  
molleh

FTX Global around Milwaukee (including night shots)

Here is what the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area looks like with FTX Global + UTX USA:

uRKAaUE.jpg

Rj8xYZj.jpg

YvEEgsk.jpg

LcRR60a.jpg

E4bb7MM.jpg

how about Asia screenies?  anywhere in Cambodia for example

ZORAN

Really without side by side comparison I can't see much difference from default FSX with UTX.

Really without side by side comparison I can't see much difference from default FSX with UTX.

I don't have GLobal yet. I'll go snap some of that area for you.

Here you go. Same area looking at downtown like two of his shots. Default FSX textures + UTX.

mlzd.png

jeo8.png

Global's color tones, night textures, night lighting, and autogen density/placement are just worlds better IMO looking at the comparison I just put up.

Thanks for posting bonchie :)  

Keep in mind I do have UTX's night lighting disabled in my photos. UTX nightlighting is a huge FPS impact on my PC.  With FTX Global's lighting I have little to no performance impact :)

Thanks for posting bonchie :)  

Keep in mind I do have UTX's night lighting disabled in my photos. UTX nightlighting is a huge FPS impact on my PC.  With FTX Global's lighting I have little to no performance impact :)

Another perk to not using them and having Global instead.

UTX's lighting never looked good to me anyway personally although I've used it for years. The way the halo system works the LOD on it was never far enough and they were too sparse.

Global's lights are the same LOD as autogen and much more dense. The big difference is how they don't try to fake lighting on the night textures in the same way default/GEX does though resulting in a nasty blurry looking mess.

I just bought it and gonna let it download while I'm asleep. Got to finish up a job in the morning but will be checking it out tomorrow.

bonchie, what is your autogen slider set to? I'm curious about fps impact, mine is currently set to normal. But I'd love to max it out for FTX Global should it run nicely on my setup.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks for comparison shots. Both look great in their own style.

bonchie, what is your autogen slider set to? I'm curious about fps impact, mine is currently set to normal. But I'd love to max it out for FTX Global should it run nicely on my setup.

Those default shots were set on max autogen. I'm running max with FTX Global as well and have no FPS difference.

In the other thread I put a night shot up of KLAS looking at downtown. Frames stayed locked at 30. With UTX lighting I'd of been in the low 20's.