Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

PMDG FMC lost VHHX after AIRAC Update

Hi please could I seek advice

I'm using Windows 7 64bit home premium with FS2004 & PMDG B747-400 Queen of the Skies and B747-400F  recently update navigraph Airac cycle 1308  I was using fly Tampa Kai Tak  lost VHHX in my FMC database, managed to reinstall VHHX back into FMC database using Fly Tampas tool, however,  getting no runway data or SIDS/Stars with message (VHHX err 13 rwy unknown) and inputting rwy 31 i get not in database message,

I believe there is a google site that restore this but i'm not sure where, wonder if anyone has experienced and rectified this situaion for the PMDG B747-400 Queen of the skies (NOT FSX) ?

Have contacted Navigraph who obviously say AIRAC updates do not include VHHX so I must seek this data elsewhere

Any advice most appreciated

Richard (Nagoya)         

Richard

You need VHHX.txt in your PMDG SIDSSTARS folder. I attach it here.

You also need to add the following line to  FS9/fmcwp/NavData/wpnavapt.txt .  add after the entry HONG KONG...................................................................

Hong Kong Intl (old)    VHHX31 10930316 22.304401 114.216064000.0031600000
Hong Kong Intl (old)    VHHX13 10930136 22.324850 114.193176000.0013600000

Make sure to backup your files before you update Navigraph !   The SIDSSTARS file should not be overwritten by a Navigraph update but the entries in the text file will.

Peter

You might also want to check the file FS9/fmcwp/NavData/wpnavaid.txt  and add these entries after the line ZHUHAI/SANAO .......................................................................
TATHONG POINT           TP   NDB  22.239211 114.287675280.00N
TATHONG POINT           TH   VORD 22.239211 114.287675115.50H

Peter

Peter Schluter

Peter, thank you so very much amazing support !!  really should have backed these files up, many thanks for the attached files, it was like a death in the family when I lost VHHX  ..well nearly

Very much appreciated Peter !!

Richard