Sign in to follow this  

FTX Global autogen (Caution: Large Files)

I have to say the FTXG autogen took me by surprise... I always thought about FTXG being all about new default textures. And yeah, alright, with autogen... So I had realistic expectations: FTXG wouldn't change the world into a giant FTX region. It would be only textures. But boy, I gotta say... it almost feels like I DID get a giant global FTX region...! And the autogen plays an unexpected big role in this!

I fly a lot above Norway, using freeware landclass and mesh and some more stuff and FTXG has REALLY transformed it all into a FTX region, also due to the very varied and very 3D-looking autogen!

Here are some random shots of it, focusing on the autogen. I am seeing things in Norway I haven't seen before in FSX!!! No ENB or whatever was used. Simple and straight V-shots. Just look at the variaton of trees in that last screenshot alone...! Stunning!

9377689446_96ee17f450_o.jpg

9374906923_f2a86db1f6_o.jpg

9374906475_4636309593_o.jpg

9374905973_b7a11b059d_o.jpg

9377687934_7644313bfb_o.jpg

9377687538_caf071b514_o.jpg

Wow, that does look good.  I'm sure the landclass reassignments and mesh are contributing to it, but that almost does look like an ORBX region.

Why, oh why, did FTX Global and a new version of KSP have to be released a day apart?  I'm torn...  torn, I tell you!

Jeroen beautiful shots - thanks for sharing, global is great.

Rich Sennett

Looks awesome! Not sure why, but you are the only one to have really shown off the beauty of FTX Global. While I have seen many screenshots of it on here, nothing comes close to looking as nice as yours. Even though its the same product. Not sure why. But if FTX Global looks like that, then I think it's worth the price. Still going to hold off and see more reviews and screenshots before I jump the gun though.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Crap!!  Now I have to buy this too.  Honey!!??... (great shots)

Looks awesome! Not sure why, but you are the only one to have really shown off the beauty of FTX Global. While I have seen many screenshots of it on here, nothing comes close to looking as nice as yours. Even though its the same product. Not sure why. But if FTX Global looks like that, then I think it's worth the price. Still going to hold off and see more reviews and screenshots before I jump the gun though.

A bit of what has been posted isn't impressive because of either the config settings being used or the geographic location chosen. These screenshots (above in this thread) are pretty much what it looks like on my system, which is great.

As an aside, I had one funny thing happen to me with regard to FTXG. I installed it and did a flight into Logan in Boston. At high altitudes, I was impressed, thinking, "Gosh this FTXG looks almost photoreal." As I got ready to land, other than the buildings, everything looked flat and lifeless, just like photoreal scenery at low altitude. My happiness turned to disappointment. Afterwards, I checked the scenery layers and realized that I had forgotten to uncheck MegaSceneryEarth Massachusetts.

Not sure why, but you are the only one to have really shown off the beauty of FTX Global. While I have seen many screenshots of it on here, nothing comes close to looking as nice as yours. Even though its the same product. Not sure why.

LOL I have no idea either but I think it has to do with the autogen setting (extremely dense), the low altitude (which makes the colors more full, I guess) and probably also the angle (out of the VC: a lot (way too many) screenshots are taken outside of the plane which gives you a view on the scenery that's not what you would normally see out of an airplane: more from above than sideways). I didn't do anything to make things better than it is: I used my default REX textures, no ENB, nothing special...

BTW Feel free to request a similar as above out-of-the-VC-screenshot from a certain location: apart from some freeware Norway landclass and mesh and UTX Europe and REX (only clouds and skies btw, nothing else), everything is default on my PC (no mesh, no other landclass) so if you want a screenshot of a certain location (specially if you know it looks bad with FSX default textures), let me know!

The trees between the farming boarders are very nice. Not sure if UTX does this? Can't say I ever paid attention.

If you give exact coordinates and direction of view those shots were taken, we could compare.

Nice shots Jeroen. I too have purchased FTXG and my initial thoughts are its like getting an entire FTX Global Region! I am really looking forward into exploring Norway and until Orbx releases their official Norway Region I was wondering where you got your freeware landclass and mesh from? Much appreciated.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

J van E can I request some day and night shots taken over SE Asia, such as Thailand, Hong Kong and Vietnam if you get a chance.

Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I was wondering where you got your freeware landclass and mesh from?

See my post here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/411852-norway/#entry2698913 I do hope all links still work...

J van E can I request some day and night shots taken over SE Asia, such as Thailand, Hong Kong and Vietnam if you get a chance.

Thanks!

That's ok but maybe you could give me some airports to take of from and in which direction I should fly...?

J van E

Thailand - VTBS, any direction, just a shot over the airport

Vietnam - VVTS shot over the airport area

Hong Kong - VHHX (Old Kai Tak) Shot aver Downtown HK

Thanks a lot! :)

Would be very useful to get a comparison with FTX Global vs Autogen+OpenStreetMap in XpX, can some owner make some shots?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Would be very useful to get a comparison with FTX Global vs Autogen+OpenStreetMap in XpX, can some owner make some shots?

Just curious, how would that be useful?  The autogen system in XPX is obviously going to be far ahead of FSX with any texture set.

J van E

Thailand - VTBS, any direction, just a shot over the airport

Vietnam - VVTS shot over the airport area

Hong Kong - VHHX (Old Kai Tak) Shot aver Downtown HK

Thanks a lot! :)

Don't know if I looked the right way but here it goes. ;) I have to say though that as jabloomf1230 said: the geographic location chosen makes a real difference... ;) Thinks look rather flat over there in Asia!

VHHX

9378775980_a7f95b875a_o.jpg

9375992987_2fa6be08e5_o.jpg

VTBS

9378775358_cfee2fc6f7_o.jpg

9375992329_cebed2cfa3_o.jpg

VVTS

9378775012_f853f069f6_o.jpg

9375991363_2c537ebd73_o.jpg