Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

FSX on a 1080p short throw projector

hi all

purchased a short throw HD 1080P projector a week or so ago, absolutely loving it! no monitor can give you the realism of a screen as big as a projector, I used to use a 27" dell for my instruments, but not any more, just use the whole projector as now i can see the gauges alot more clearer than the old dell s300 projector i had, 

hear is a youtube video, this video does not give it justice because the orginal has been recorded onto a HD Camera then uploaded (further compressed) into a video editor then further compressed to youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yae2epn0SSM

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I bet that's pretty cool.  How big is it diagonally?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Not to be sarcastic but what are we looking for? I mean, Ive seen better you tube videos on 13" monitors? The video probably doesn't do your setup any justice.

Not to be sarcastic but what are we looking for? I mean, Ive seen better you tube videos on 13" monitors? The video probably doesn't do your setup any justice.

That's a bit of a problem...I just replaced my 3x20" monitors with a 42" HD and have to say it was the right thing to do but not sure how to show it.  Perhaps if he put the cam on a tripod behind him so that we could see him flying it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

yes it is very hard to show you what it feels like when i have to place it in a video and show you on your little computer screens, you really have to see it for yourself, the immersion factor is amazing it feels you are sitting in the pilots seat, instead of behind your computer monitor.

if you go to 0:49 sec on the video you can see the desk (FMC) and then the actual screen, gives you some idea of how big the screen is.

the size is 90 inch diagonally. 

Agreed, I COULD NEVER go back after flying short throw myself and a part from the glorious immersion (think monster HD clouds) there is also the fact that everything is in proportion to the human body.eg Im a few feet away from a 6x5ft screen and the cockpit feels about the right size along with dials etc etc

I also use it for surfing the net and all of a sudden you tube full screen is now a cinematic experiance

ZORAN

yes, the best part is that if you are having a break from Flight Sim then you can watch your HD movies in all its glory on a huge screen! another bonus is that you are getting a flightdeck solution for a fraction of the cost and you can chose what ever plane you want to fly.

Hi awesome setup! How far are you sitting back from the screen? What is the distance between the projector and the screen? What projector are you using?

Absolutely agree with OP. I've been using this kind of setup for years. I'm projecting onto a 70 inch wide screen and sitting about 9ft away. You need a dark room to get the best out of it though.

Your next step is to build upon your flight gear hardware so you never have to use the virtual cockpit again!

Currently have the ace yoke, jetmax throttle and several cp flight panels. Next will be the projector and I am aiming to purchase the benq w1080st

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

hi, I am sitting 100 inches away from the screen. I am using logitech pedals, and the saitek yoke plus the flightdeck solutions 737 FMC. The projector I am using is the w1080st from Benq. 

i also have the goflight EFIS and MCP so i hardly use the VC. 

I use a DLP Mitsubishi XD490U at 1280x768 shown on a wall with a 115" diag image. Once you try a projector you'll never want to go back to a regular TV screen again. The only issue is the need to replace the projector bulbs, which are quite expensive.  

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

how do you live with that type of resolution, ( Mitsubishi XD490U at 1280x768) that was the big downside with my dells300 but with this new 1080p projector its so much better!