Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

I thought Kyle said it wasn't. Or was he talking about something else?

How about RTA btw.?

Uff, I don't want to look upset, but is it so difficult to check if the OFFPATH DESCENT feature works or not? Some say yes, some no?? As to the RTA, I seem to remember that Ryan said that in the 777 it would be implemented and then exported to the NGX sp2.

James Goggi

Uff, I don't want to look upset, but is it so difficult to check if the OFFPATH DESCENT feature works or not? Some say yes, some no?? As to the RTA, I seem to remember that Ryan said that in the 777 it would be implemented and then exported to the NGX sp2.

sorry James, wasn't on the forums as I was being all domestic, yes OFFPATH DES works :)

- Jane Whittaker

Thanks for sharing your impressions, Jane!

I've got a question:

Right before the pilotes accelerate the engines to TO/GA and before landing at about 50ft, you can hear a loud noise in the passenger cabin (I guess it's from a hydraulic system). Do you know if this feature is implemented?

Example before take off (14:54) :

Example before landing (7:25) :

sorry James, wasn't on the forums as I was being all domestic, yes OFFPATH DES works :)

Thank you, Jane!

James Goggi

I thought Kyle said it wasn't. Or was he talking about something else?

How about RTA btw.?

Guys, I did say it wasn't working, as it was greyed out in the last build.

...but if you actually go look at my post you'll see there was some clever italicizing.  The latest build fixed that, but since I'm not the one doing the fixing, I wasn't going to say "it's being fixed as we speak."

Based on that discrepancy, it may look like we're not communicating behind the scenes, but rest assured, we are.  So many emails!!!

Kyle Rodgers

It sounds like the T7 is close to release from all the beta tester insight so far.  This aircraft is going to be a pleasure to fly!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

uys, I did say it wasn't working, as it was greyed out in the last build.

...but if you actually go look at my post you'll see there was some clever italicizing.  The latest build fixed that, but since I'm not the one doing the fixing, I wasn't going to say "it's being fixed as we speak."

I missed the italicizing, I guess. I was under impression something of that nature might have been happening.

How about that RTA btw.?

Hey Jane,

Does the PMDG T7 have a EFB?

Thanks

Daniel

That was already asked a couple of times I think. From what I've heard it unfortunately doesn't.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I missed the italicizing, I guess. I was under impression something of that nature might have been happening.

How about that RTA btw.?

The reply was mostly aimed at the other response, but here's a pic of it in action:

OffPathDes.JPG

...and the RTA function is currently greyed out  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Jane,

Does the PMDG T7 have a EFB?

Thanks

Daniel

No, But there is a possibility of one been added in later if PMDG can get affordable access to the data.

...and the RTA function is currently greyed out  :wink:

Thanks for the screenshot! Happy about the OFFPATH, disappointed about the RTA if it will not make it into the initial release...

James Goggi

Oh, really now? I guess you must have missed the part in italics, then :wink:

Thanks for the screenshot! Happy about the OFFPATH, disappointed about the RTA if it will not make it into the initial release...

You're welcome.  I was glad to see that it made it into the last build.

...and I'm partial to having RTA implemented, but it doesn't see much use Stateside (yet), so it's not like people will miss it.

Actually, now that I think about it, internationals (trans-oceanic) are generally exempted from metering programs anyway.  I do see that it could be used nicely on the NATs, though.

Kyle Rodgers