Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

mm7, balan22, uae77w. You guys are treading on dangerous ground with competetors product discussions!!

Guys,

We're not going to entertain discussions about other products that are competing with our 777 here - sorry, it's just better that way if we don't. If you want to debate such things, that's what the Avsim general forum is for.

Ryan Maziarz

Mate, I merely asked the FPS impact. I never compared them DIRECTLY (Ie, which is a better product), merely if the PMDG T7 has good FPS results.

Marc, some other guys started comparing systems and whatnot. I guess Ryan was after them, not you.

Re 747 FPS:

Some systems will see better frames with NGX compared to the 747, some worse. The insides are quite different, changing the dynamics.

Sorry guys about going offtopic and comparing two developers. I won't do that again in the PMDG support forum.

Anyway, great shots Luke

I won't do again, promise. Sorry about that. It's just the heat, outside doing this. Then it was 40°C here in middle EU.

repent face right now...

Balan22

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Luke,

How do you calculate your fuel? With 8.6tons left after the flight, it seems to be spot on.

Cheers

Yeah, how do you calculate your fuel? Is there a fuel planner for the PMDG 777LR? 

Unless he has a planner I don't know about, I'm imagining he used the method described in Tutorial 2 from the NGX, which is what I've been using.

Kyle Rodgers

Beautiful MCP shot on a quick, early morning Gatwick to Glasgow. Filling in for whoever decided to miss all those NGX flights yesterday... :(

Speed to 180knts - base for RWY23 at EGPF.

Luke,

How do you calculate your fuel? With 8.6tons left after the flight, it seems to be spot on.

Cheers

People making me sound smart now LOL (I'm not!) Just make sure the progress page has me landing with at least 15 tons and you're golden. Know at least 5-8 will be used to compensate for Wind/APU/Taxi. I use reserves at 5 currently - I'm never going to divert in FSX really. Just for a missed approach/hold. If I'm expecting a heavy headwind or something, then add a little more. I landed 1.1 tons over reserves on my LAX trip because I hit a massive jet stream over the Canadian/US border! Once PFPX is out, I'll be able to do more 'professional' numbers. 

Looks great...  ^_^

Regards,

Ró.

Flies great too  :P

I use reserves at 5 currently - I'm never going to divert in FSX really.

Same here, the only time I diverted is when I accidentally flew into a super busy event and didn't feel like dealing with the heavy traffic. Faked a mechanical issue and requested diversion to an airport which was out of that CTR's airspace.  

Luke, 

On the ground, how obvious is the steering deflection on the rear axles of the main landing gear?

Awesome photos!

Luke, 

On the ground, how obvious is the steering deflection on the rear axles of the main landing gear?

Awesome photos!

It's very subtle and hard to notice if you don't know what you're looking for. Same for the real thing too. 

Nice shots Luke.  ^_^

It makes me so happy to see that the Flap Limit texture plate has been changed like in the real -200LR/Fs and -300ERs.

It's very subtle and hard to notice if you don't know what you're looking for. Same for the real thing too. 

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks!