Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

He mentioned for his Emirates flights he had access to the real OFP's... So he was using the route that the real flight he was simulating was using.

For flights in the US and other areas which are covered, I suggest FlightAware.

There are also numerous websites which upload real AFTN messages which include flightplan information (edi-gla for example).

If you feel like a bit of a challenge, have a gander at Kyle's excellent flight-planning tutorial(s); Basic and Advanced

Otherwise wait 6 days for PFPX to be release and used the automated route-builder which is included B)

Thanks for the help. :)

Not Raining....In London.....What's going on???!!! :He He: :Shocked:

It's been strangely hot and dry over here recently, makes a change :lol:

Alaister Kay

Since there has been some discussion regarding PFPX through this thread, some of you may find this interesting.

....and before any of you cheeky buggers try, the serial shown in the video will NOT work :rolleyes:

Since there has been some discussion regarding PFPX through this thread, some of you may find this interesting.

....and before any of you cheeky buggers try, the serial shown in the video will NOT work :rolleyes:

I hope I love it long time too! 

Having fun in the Heathrow Circuit  :P (Man I wish there was one there for GA  :lol:)

Great shot again! Any chance of a sneak peak at an SIA one if you had a spare moment? :) Pleaseandthankyou

Great shot again! Any chance of a sneak peak at an SIA one if you had a spare moment? :) Pleaseandthankyou

Elliot - maybe later tonight. I've not done a proper test flight in a few days as I've had some problems with my eyes I'm currently sorting out. So been taking it easy - apologies! 

Hope you're a beta team member for the 747v2 Luke.  That's probably the only way you can be pried away from the 777 :P

Chris Sunseri

Hope you're a beta team member for the 747v2 Luke.  That's probably the only way you can be pried away from the 777 :P

Hahaha - that'll be hard  :rolleyes:

Luke's adventures across the globe continue. Tonight currently enroute to Chicago as UAE9997 from Copenhagen in the Freighter. Expecting to land 20 tonnes below MLW - PFPX mixed with this makes it all so perfect... Oh, and that sun has been trying to set for the last two hours  :P

Excellent shot, Luke! Quick question, I found using the PFPX wind data doesn't really match up with the Active Sky wind data, so I was wondering if you use Active Sky weather data when planning your flight through PFPX.

Moses Velasquez

Excellent shot, Luke! Quick question, I found using the PFPX wind data doesn't really match up with the Active Sky wind data, so I was wondering if you use Active Sky weather data when planning your flight through PFPX.

Thanks sir! I'm using AS for planning in PFPX itself and AS2012 in FSX. The winds aren't perfect - but I don't see a huge difference. They've been a hair bit lighter and averaging 600kg more fuel per leg and expecting to land 2100kg over what we expected. All very close and still accurate in my opinion. This is the first long haul with PFPX and I'm LOVING the ETOPS to it also. Hopefully first Polar during the week (-: if AS is your WX engine, use it to plan in PFPX.

Enjoy the best pizza in the US  :lol:

Haha I can believe that! Rubbish here in California. Ironically the frozen pizza I used to have every Friday in England was Chicago Town :-P

PS: Sun is STILL trying to set - over four hours later (-;

For anyone interested in the whole ETOPS business...