Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

LOL! What are those doing there? Haha

Two guys on Vatsim were waiting for me LOL! 

At least you weren't flying a blimp, you probably would've went the opposite direction lol

I'll stay with my 777!  :P

We came to give him "props" for doing the flight and giving us so many previews  :P

Hehe- thank you both.

Two guys on Vatsim were waiting for me LOL! 

I'll stay with my 777!  :P

Hehe- thank you both.

There are not to many things more exciting then waiting for a squawkbox model to arrive  :lol:

No, unfortunately I don't have too much room for performance. You can see my aircraft is very high detailed - but terrain is not so much!

I guess you wouldn't care much if FSX had FS98 ground textures, as-long as you have the PMDG T7  ^_^

Brilliant shots Luke, and very well done for getting into the Beta team, you deserve it!

Cheers

Adam

Adam

Just a quick question, how do you do the Pacific waypoints? Lets say I'm flying from Vancouver to Sydney and there is a point there similar to the NAT waypoints and I would like to put that in the FMC. And also, does anyone know where I could get routes for flights not in the USA (meaning not to or from the US).

Thanks

Alex Brinson

Just a quick question, how do you do the Pacific waypoints? Lets say I'm flying from Vancouver to Sydney and there is a point there similar to the NAT waypoints and I would like to put that in the FMC. And also, does anyone know where I could get routes for flights not in the USA (meaning not to or from the US).

Thanks

There are essentially NATs for the Pacific, however most flights over the pacific ocean use custom lat/long routes (UPRs) optimised for the wind conditions (and ETOPS/LROPS). However, if you are interested in the tracks over the pacific, google "PACOTS".

Alex, The FMC software accepts a wide range of waypoint formats.

From Australia over the south pacific Ocean to CYVR, you might cross for example at S17/E165. Shorthand for this can be 17S65.

Be careful though, don't confuse this for 1765S (S17/E065), that would throw you off some 100 degrees LON.

This is so because the letter in turn changes position depending if longitude is below or above 100 degrees.

It's a different sequence than NAT waypoints (4650N) but that's the way the engineers thought it up. The letter "S" is always present in the souhern hemisphere and east of prime meridian.

Whereas the letter "N" is always present in the northern hemisphere, west of prime meridian (like the NAT waypoints)

One could really write a whole book about this. Which I hope nobody actually does... :ph34r:

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

One could really write a whole book about this. Which I hope nobody actually does...

There probably already is a book like that out there...  :lol:

Middle/wheel click on any of the three landing light switches does moves them all as if you hit them with the edge of your hand. There's no gangbar on the 777 the way there is on the NGX, so we had to come up with a different way.

Not possible in FSX, sorry - those views always have to use the external sound.

This option will not make the initial release. It's a very new option and not even documented in the Boeing manuals we were given. Several of our tech team pilots said their airlines are just now getting new aircraft with the option installed and they've only seen it once or twice in the real world. We'll look at doing it for one of the service packs most likely.

Does anyone have any photos of what this clock looks like? Luke posted about it a few months ago, but the image no longer appears, and I couldn't find anything on Google. 

My friend and I are really looking forward to this, and I have been showing him all the photos you have been posting while he is in the hospital and it's really cheered him up. Thanks again!

Now that, is what you call night lighting  B)

So nice :) Really wish I could have been testing it too :P I'm stuck at home for still two weeks at least before medical people say I can resume work, and it would be such a good way to keep busy as I've finished reading the FCOMS and FCTM. Well at least thanks to you and other testers I got a good taste like veryone else.

Great work for sharing all of that :) Just a little difficult to follow everything :)

Zomg that night lighting....

It's gonna take me ages to learn how to fly this airplane the right way... Haha. Luke, are you still working on those tutorials you mentioned a while back? I don't remember exactly but I think someone posted in that topic you made to refire it, but I can't find it.

Not possible in FSX, sorry - those views always have to use the external sound.

Hi Luke,

Although the sounds for all cabin views still come from the external view sound set, on the 777 we've managed to make all the cabin views sound much more like the inside of the aircraft.

Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer