Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

No time for sleeping...

Captain goes in the back for a snooze - the coffee is out and Turkish ATC aren't talking to you. Cruising along at a beautiful speed of Mach.849 at FL330 weighing 280 tons, what sounds good? A little nap of course! Until....

Hey no sleeping on the job :lol:  Does that pilot's response message in red mean the coffee is too hot?

Chris Sunseri

Just like the real aircraft. Awesome. Whats the trigger or time frame for the warning/alarm - every hour ?

Great. I remember a long thread about a year ago about whether that feature should be modeled or not.  I assume you can disconnect it for those long hauls where you leave the room?

What is simulated if you do nothing?  Can I ask how to accept the response warming?  Is it one of the FMC/CDPLC/ACARS button thingies?  Yeah that's what I call them.  

What is the action you make to silence this? Also, what alarm goes off....this is just getting better and better.

Whats the trigger or time frame for the warning/alarm - every hour ?

It's described in the FCOM as a "Brief Time" so I would assume it's only a few minutes. Maybe 10? Not sure exactly on the number.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Can I ask how to accept the response warming?  Is it one of the FMC/CDPLC/ACARS button thingies?  Yeah that's what I call them.

Yes, you can get rid of the warning by hitting the three buttons on the glareshield, or just about any other switch or button in the cockpit.

What is the action you make to silence this? Also, what alarm goes off....this is just getting better and better.

You touch almost any button or switch. The alarm is the master warning alarm.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Nice touch.  I really hope there is a way to disable this for time acceleration or overnight sim sessions.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I love the feature, but is there a way to disable it if you were to leave the sim for at least a half hour?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I love the feature, but is there a way to disable it if you were to leave the sim for at least a half hour?

On one screenshot I did see an option to disable this. 

Yeah you can turn it off in the options menu. Maybe Ryan knows how long it's set for! Just touch any button in the flight deck or master warning light to stop the siren. Recal/cancel button clears EICAS messages.