Sign in to follow this  
FrankFasi

Voice actors for missions

Is there any sort of group here, or somewhere else where members contribute their voice to others' missions by reading lines from scripts? Or, is anyone interested in setting up something like that?  I'm getting tired of trying to make my voice sound different, to play all the different actors in my missions (especially female voices). Comes off mediocre.  :rolleyes:

Like you, I'm stuck with my own voice, so I'd be happy to help. My english is U.K. But I can do a truly terrible Oz accent, if pushed!

Cheers - Dai.

I wouldn't mind doing it.  I used to work in radio, but somehow ended up in IT.  I've done voice-over work.

Kevin Young

Well, that's three of us. If we can get two or three more that would be good, but for now three voices will work fine.  I have a decent recording setup (a very good mic, and very good audio editing software).  The UK voice will be handy, because I'm working up some "Biggles & Co."  missions. My fake British accent is a little crappy. :P  I can do various American accents pretty well. Maybe we could setup a DropBox shared folder to get this up and running. That's an efficient means of moving files back and forth, to include text files containing script lines, and the actual recorded audio files.

I uploaded a new Biggles mission on Sunday, but I've had to re-submit it due to the fact I accidently included a non-stock scenery object which causes the whole mission to not run if the user doesn't also own that third-party scenery object (in this case, a tent). The fixed mission should show up tomorrow.

I would be interested.  I have pro audio experience and good microphones.  Be advised I have a (US) Southern accent (Mississippi/Georgia).  Could send completed work to you on CD via mail upload to a cloud dropbox or something.  I could also use a narrowband EQ effect to simulate other station microphone (ie ATC or Company dispatch)

Mississippi Slim